[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
What the? Only thought that ruined build where spawning in 1.1.2. Came across this just outside a city, had a quick look in side and found lots of blazes with chest filled with some golden hoes and iron axes...

Attachments

• 2014-08-13_15.20.26.png
    2014-08-13_15.20.26.png
    733.6 KB · Views: 147

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
First day, above all else I push to get at least a two block wall fronted in part by a two block ditch. The night is spent sifting. In the AM I "dance" upon the un-fronted walls to agro anything still walking around. Then dive back into my courtyard ensuring that I NEVER give any of the archers in the pit a shot. Everything I agroed paths into the ditch. I then do a perimeter sweep picking up the drops from those who where immolated. I don't get a huge yield, but in later days I'll be building a killing pit. The wall shown is not spider safe, but it takes a bit longer to get enough fences to do that.

This seems to be the only viable starting option left.

Build the Berlin Wall around your ship as fast as possible, then build up some decent food and water supply. I'm almost done with that part, but now there are about a gazillion (give or take a few) creepers surrounding the base.
Probably the best choice will be to jump over the wall, be careful not to get shot and then run 120ish meters to have everything despawn. Run back and there should be enough time left to start building the mob traps. We'll see tomorrow. :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what episode landstryder set up his water system cause I just stumbled across his vids and I really don't have the time to watch all of them to find it right now. Especially since I want to start at the begging. I have been playing this pack since 1.0.6 and I still haven't found a good way to automate water.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Your "tickle toe" method is basically what I meant by "kill pit" Long term I'll want something more automated but in the short term but that is great to start with. The OP seemed to be concentrated on the immediate bootstrapping of a base.... the first day or two. I for instance have found that as it stands it's day three before I have enough wood to do any serious remodeling.

is that a bug, or a feature? :)

yea i try to get a tickle pit by day 2, 3 at the latest and your right when you get a grinder its easy to build a dark room over the trench to make a mob trap.

and creepers grief is an arachnid because its not realy a bug its just Special Mobs that Iskandar cant do anything about

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
What the? Only thought that ruined build where spawning in 1.1.2. Came across this just outside a city, had a quick look in side and found lots of blazes with chest filled with some golden hoes and iron axes...

This i believe is a bug with the new map we were having problems with cities spawning to close to the shuttle so he had to pregen the map. He must have pre gened befor he removed CA if you find any more that arnt near a city plz let us know.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to be the only viable starting option left.

Build the Berlin Wall around your ship as fast as possible, then build up some decent food and water supply. I'm almost done with that part, but now there are about a gazillion (give or take a few) creepers surrounding the base.
Probably the best choice will be to jump over the wall, be careful not to get shot and then run 120ish meters to have everything despawn. Run back and there should be enough time left to start building the mob traps. We'll see tomorrow. :)
My trick is to suffocate them, simply dropping dust on them will kill them off relatively painlessly. Allows me to quickly kill large numbers of mobs. I have yet to run into a doom creeper, if I discover they are enabled it'll be the end of that strategy.......

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
My trick is to suffocate them, simply dropping dust on them will kill them off relatively painlessly. Allows me to quickly kill large numbers of mobs. I have yet to run into a doom creeper, if I discover they are enabled it'll be the end of that strategy.......

Doom creepers are disabled (looking at the spawn rates of the special creepers).

And I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Night 1: Barricaded myself on top of the shuttle
A8oR7Lm.png

A ghast creeper combo!??!?!?! :confused:
HRqjP7n.png

First Night success, first loots. Killing the creepers with a mattock (2-hits or 1-hit if I'm jumping and I connect the blow for a crit attack). There was an armored creeper, needed 3 hits.
4cRCnRp.png

Decided to check out the road. Free cobblestone!!!
tiMUj0a.png

Easy furnaces for cooking stuff
V83Wacx.png

Leading to getting first automation done
XHGrtES.png

I should probably keep these guys as pets.
wdVDIP7.png

Will be going to an adventure later to the ruins. I think it's one of the fastest method of travel on Crash Landings :D

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
This i believe is a bug with the new map we were having problems with cities spawning to close to the shuttle so he had to pregen the map. He must have pre gened befor he removed CA if you find any more that arnt near a city plz let us know.
Well I started another new map and couldn't find any so "shrugs" must have been an issue with that save I made ( The dungeon was on a new save not the pregened one ). I had an issue with serve lag when loading chunks that contained a new city, like an empty void for a solid couple of minutes before everything loaded in. not sure if it was an issue on my end but it wasn't anything game breaking just a mild inconvenience. http://i.imgur.com/vafM1Kk.png

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I also experienced a bug where I took off my camel pack at night, and my hydration kept refilling from 98% to 99%. I thought it was weird, but didn't think much of it. I didn't pay attention to if my camel pack was still draining. I died the next morning when I opened my wall to a baby creeper dying to get in. (BOOM BOOM BOOM!) My next game didn't have the same glitch so /shrug.

Also, anyone else notice their pyrotheum source block only providing 0.2 (mb/t?) to the crucible?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Well I started another new map and couldn't find any so "shrugs" must have been an issue with that save I made ( The dungeon was on a new save not the pregened one ). I had an issue with serve lag when loading chunks that contained a new city, like an empty void for a solid couple of minutes before everything loaded in. not sure if it was an issue on my end but it wasn't anything game breaking just a mild inconvenience. http://i.imgur.com/vafM1Kk.png
This is a known issue on low end PCs do to the size of the city being genarated if this becomes to much of a prob for people with low end PCs like me ill post a fix for it.

zjdale

Jul 29, 2019
i just downloaded 1.1.2 and was really excited for it but as soon as i loaded into my world i realized that my camel pack wasnt refilling my water. do i HAVE to start a new world to play the updated pack or am i doing something wrong?

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
This is a known issue on low end PCs do to the size of the city being generated if this becomes to much of a prob for people with low end PCs like me ill post a fix for it.
well when I mean lag I meant the chunks loading in, I'm getting roughly 200fps with this pack but then again this is minecraft (insert rant about how I can play ultra skyrim modded 4096* mega textures fine while minecraft has issues, notch why you java) . I doubt its worth the time looking into it as if I was on foot everything would have loaded by the time i'd reached that chunk edge.[DOUBLEPOST=1407915268][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a problem with the recipe for grout or is that just me?
its no more, the city that is closest has everything you need to start off.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
well when I mean lag I meant the chunks loading in, I'm getting roughly 200fps with this pack but then again this is minecraft (insert rant about how I can play ultra skyrim modded 4096* mega textures fine while minecraft has issues, notch why you java) . I doubt its worth the time looking into it as if I was on foot everything would have loaded by the time i'd reached that chunk edge.
I under stand but it does that on my pc walking or not. Also what i ment about city size well they are set to be between 240-480 block square that consist of 9 difrent buildings randomly spawned, all of which have random block types, mising random blocks, random chest and spawners some of which are pigmen, blaze, and creeper then there are some areas that are dark so there are a lot of mobs. So i think you can gess what happens when that spawns all at once Heavy PCs may get a little lag but Low end well if im walking i may have to wait 15-30sec for it to spawn so not to bad.

Edit: iv all ready got a fix for this its just that with it you will most likley have to explore more because the cities will be much smaller and there may not be all you need in just 1 or 2 cities. So this is the balance waite 15-30sec insted of having to find more cities. Thats why i havent posted the fix yet i need to know how big of a problem this will be if its not a problem then no need for the fix

Last edited:
Reactions: Xamie

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Also, anyone else notice their pyrotheum source block only providing 0.2 (mb/t?) to the crucible?
If you used a clay bucket to move it, I believe it converts it to lava. I moved mine with a metal bucket and it's still pyrotheum (too many near-deaths for it to be lava :p ).

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
Been fiddling around with the pack and thought I'd make a safe tutorial let's play out of it. Hope you all enjoy and thank you Iskandar for the amazing pack and I hate you for the 1.1.2 changes <3.
Here's the first episode for all to enjoy ^.^

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally got around to playing with the 1.1.2 version, and I'm sad to say that I really dislike it. First problem is the very terrible TPS lag as soon as mobs start spawning at night. Second problem is the whole thing about needing to explore a city to get smelter and reactor parts, I explored the nearby city in creative mode and found 0 smelter blocks while I also found ridiculous amounts of other over powered stuff like aqueous accumulators in chests and tons of pressure chamber blocks and assembly line parts.

So my reaction after suffering the 1.1.2 version for about 3 hours is that I'm not going to update for my YouTube series. I will of course keep trying out new versions of the pack and hope that balance is restored and performance is fixed.