[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
On the one hand I'm at work and can't see the new map. :(
But if you've had it out before I left home I'd have been late for work.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yes, the new shuttle is amazing. That is mostly mDiyo's work. As such, let me direct you to his patreon page and his YouTube channel. I also need to credit Domochevsky, not only for the in game building, but also most of the art I use, like my avatar here and the Crash Landing quest book art. Speaking of which, I need to have him take off that extraneous s at some point, as the pack name changed slightly from alpha to when it went to beta.

AlchemistGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this up on the FTB Launcher and I'm noticing my strongbox is lacking any saplings and needle gun ammo. It's launching 1.1.1 Kinda impossible to survive without saplings.

Georgiaym

Jul 29, 2019
O.k. Phew it's not just me. I've been trying to figure out what I did wrong since I had nothing to take the water transposer things up with and no saplings. I feel better knowing it wasn't just me being a ditz.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Crescent hammer should be hanging on a wall in the shuttle and, ya know, read the quest book.[DOUBLEPOST=1405925226][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it just me or does the new map doesn't have QDS item in the starter chest?
Um. That is possible. I will have to check. Making one shouldn't be hard, I think. Hmm, i will have to recheck th supplies in that shuttle. They should be identical to the old, but mistakes happen

Georgiaym

Jul 29, 2019
I watched a couple of the youtube videos and the start of their crash landing. They had several different items then were in the crate of the version I installed today. The first quest in the quest book to pick up the fluid transposers was impossible to complete. The cresent hammer that was in there would not remove them. Nothing in the trunk would. There was also no saplings or bonemeal in there but I'm unsure if that is supposed to be now or not.

Ok hope that was helpful.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Shift right click to remove the transposers with the crescent hammer. This is basic Thermal Expansion knowledge. If you are not at least fairly familiar with the mods in this pack (minus Pneumaticcraft) this really is not the pack you should be learning from. This is not me being mean or belittling you, I'm am just saying that trying to learn mods while also trying to stay alive in my pack will probably be more frustrating than fun. My pack is hardcore, and is designed to kill you if you aren't very, very careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: InvaderAZ

AtaGunZ

Jul 29, 2019
this pack looks interesting!

edit1: This pack definitely needs galacticraft! It fits the theme and I felt like i was playing galacticraft when playing in that map , I was trying to check my oxygen level while playing it :p

Last edited:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, no QDS in New map. Hmmm how do i make one. glass a little tricky early on

I believe the intent is to have one at the start, so for that I'd just cheat one in.

this pack looks interesting!

edit1: This pack definitely needs galacticraft! It fits the theme and I felt like i was playing galacticraft when playing in that map , I was trying to check my oxygen level while playing it :p

I'd suggested GC when he'd first started the pack, and I don't think he's changed his mind about adding it in. That would be an end game quest line and he's still working on the mid-game stuff. Maybe when he gets everything the way he wants it he'll consider it.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently I may need to re-add Zombie Awareness. Well, this is a puzzle. I'll work onit this week, see what I can do. Maybe with ZA gone adding special mobs and special AI as default wouldn't be over powered? Maybe?
No please not the fishing zombies?!?!?!

Bager

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,
Could you tell me how can I get Soul Sand and Blaze rods? : )
I'm trying to make Machine Upgrade: Speed and it requires 4 potions of swiftness : /

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,
Could you tell me how can I get Soul Sand and Blaze rods? : )
I'm trying to make Machine Upgrade: Speed and it requires 4 potions of swiftness : /

soul sand: either sand in a barrel of witch water ( obtained from water barrel adjacent to mycelium obtained from ancient spore on a dirt ) or sludge boiler
blaze rod: angry doll in a barrel of lava that spawn a blaze kill it and hope for drop

Bager

Jul 29, 2019
soul sand: either sand in a barrel of witch water ( obtained from water barrel adjacent to mycelium obtained from ancient spore on a dirt ) or sludge boiler
blaze rod: angry doll in a barrel of lava that spawn a blaze kill it and hope for drop
Thank you! I forgot about that ; /

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was beat to it.. I started the new map a little bit last night. And I was wondering about the missing QDS as well. I figured it had just been left out of the starter chest when everything got moved around, so I cheated one in. Sure you can make it, especially given you start with two quest books. But glass is something you probably won't have for the first couple of days. A minor thing, easily fixed. I am liking the new ship though. A lot less of an emergency pod and more of a proper crashed ship. I like having room to spread out a bit more at the start, and it looks better.

Burshaz

Jul 29, 2019
Area for possible update:
1. NEI update to show Presser recipes for the soybean -> tofu lines. Not sure who or how one adds that.

Issue:
I'm not sure of the issue, But I'm getting duplication of bottles. I'm using the simple setup of chest->hopper->furnace->hopper->chest. I'm place dirty water in the first chest and it gets pulled into the system. I'm not sure if its related to shift clicking into the input chest or shift clicking when filling camel back. i haven't created any extra bottles, I only have what I get from quest rewards, but now i have 30+ bottles. (playing about 8 hours, partial quest line completion)

Last edited:
Reactions: pc_assassin

dxhhh101

Jul 29, 2019
A possible bug, looks to be both SMP and SSP, large amounts of right clicking will spawn "entities" that quickly overload the server/SSP world. This can be in the form of multiple autonomous activators, or a mouse macro that right clicks a LOT!