[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
...I just don't have the drive to go through that again.
It's ok, man. Motivation is a big issue with computers, seeing how fast everything moves, and it's really hard to get help from others in terms of motivation. No worries if you can't do it; everyone is human. :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thank you. If it isn't too boastful, I like to think I've left modded Minecraft in a better state than when I found it. Jaded and I were the forerunners of today's themed packs. Now a whole host of new pack devs have picked up where I've left off and are achieving things I can only marvel at.

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
well i am still going with the whole nuclear world thing (you know replacing starting sand with glass replacing all dirt with dust stuff like that). i am working on that right now i have all of the mods together and started on the hqm book. i still need a name for the pack. and iskandar with your permision i would like to copy your minetweaker stuff to save me alot of time. if not i will retype it all (i will still use it as a base but not just copy it all.) but i believe i am %25 done with the modpack so far.

Frugal

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I feel bad walking away like this. I'm no Jaded, though, and pack dev took more out of me than I expected. That and the general discontent I've been having with Minecraft in general, sigh. I tried to fight it and I managed to get Atonement out, but that has more or less burned me out completely. I'm not happy about it, but it simply is what it is.

I'm glad for all who got at least some enjoyment out of the pack. The response has been overwhelming and a very positive experience overall. It is nice having fans. Don't count me out completely, I may yet come back. Though it probably won't be for a while.

It is a real shame that Crash Landing burned you out. Crash Landing got me into modded Minecraft, and is still one of the best mod packs out there. There are so many HQM packs that are just "make one of everything", Crash Landing actually had a purpose to the quests. It is still the only pack I have played that forced you to explore, and then rewarded you properly for it.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
and iskandar with your permision i would like to copy your minetweaker stuff to save me alot of time. if not i will retype it all (i will still use it as a base but not just copy it all.) but i believe i am %25 done with the modpack so far.
I don't think it would be very worthwhile to copy the 1.6.4 minetweaker things. Minetweaker changed A LOT from 1.6.4 to 1.7, so you'd still have to redo a large portion of the scripts. Best to just open up an instance of 1.7 and use that to help remake recipes from scratch.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
i need help with the map!!!! if anyone would like to help me the would get credit for it. right now all i can do is generate a flat world full of dust (and sometimes randomly spawning village mineshafts that cave in due to the dust) if you are interested in helping me please message me. thank you.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
i need help with the map!!!! if anyone would like to help me the would get credit for it. right now all i can do is generate a flat world full of dust (and sometimes randomly spawning village mineshafts that cave in due to the dust) if you are interested in helping me please message me. thank you.
I think the trick to avoid those spawning is to pick a biome that doesn't spawn them, but I'm not sure if there is one that doesn't spawn mineshafts. Or maybe a custom biome can be created that doesn't spawn them.

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
well i can just recreate the world i just need help with the hours (like 48) that it will take me to build cities (and then copy and paste them) as well as the ship (it will be easiest). i am not worried about the mine shafts. it is the fact that everything is super flat and i have to do everything from mounds of dust, to cities (i would like rivers and oceans but dont know how to spawn and i don't want to make them).

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Or turn off structures. In 1.7.10 you can use Biome Tweaker and Dimensional control to get an actual biome turned into dust. A desert would be good for that ,tbh.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
well i can just recreate the world i just need help with the hours (like 48) that it will take me to build cities (and then copy and paste them) as well as the ship (it will be easiest). i am not worried about the mine shafts. it is the fact that everything is super flat and i have to do everything from mounds of dust, to cities (i would like rivers and oceans but dont know how to spawn and i don't want to make them).
The mineshafts can be disabled in the enviromine configs, if I remember correctly.
If you want rivers/oceans, try doing as Iskandar suggested--using some mods to take control of world generation. I don't really know how they work, but you could likely use them to change which blocks generate in specific biomes--Change everything other than rivers/oceans to generate as a wasteland-y version of themselves.

Also, in terms of cities and such, is your pack supposed to be (essentially) a CL-esqe pack, or (as you mentioned a pages ago) a post-nuclear war survival pack? If it is nuclear war, I don't think that dust or cities would really fit the pack. In a nuclear apocalypse, I'd recommend: Sand->glass; dirt -> cracked dirt (the stuff in Regrowth) or gravel. Likewise, trees could be replaced with 1 charcoal block. Maybe occasional nuclear bunkers as dungeons, and maybe very-broken down cities (nothing above 1-2 stories tall, lots of cement-y blocks) as rare generated structures.
If you want it to be a Crash Landing with water, I'd ask Iskandar if he cares how similar your pack is to the original. (In the case you want CL-style cities, and Iskandar's ok with that, you could try porting the 1.6 Ruins structure files to 1.7, then use something like Recurrent Complex for generating cities).

Actually, if your use of the CL1-6-4 cities is OK'd, I can give you some reasonably-well ported structure files (the main structures would be fairly accurate, but anything inside (reactor parts, tinkers' smeltery/high oven bits, pneumaticcraft things) would still probably be glitched) of most of the buildings.

Also, a totally off-topic question, but Iskandar--How do you pronounce your username? (Which syllable is accented?)

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
i tried to move a 6.4 save file over and recreate a few things and change some stuff but it is so glitched i get nothing but aluminum stairs some a sign saying auxiliary reading and zombie head generator things (4 of them) everything else (the chests the walls etc) is all aluminum stairs without an image, you know that whole purple and black thing. so that wouldn't work. i will try your idea iskandar. and brenn_ i wanted to do something like that but i couldn't figure out how to do it. i don't know of a mod that does that. so i was actually just going to do as close as i could to a recreation of crash landing (this whole idea is based off of it any way) and give it only to iskandar for his approval before i put it out to you guys. i will do that any way because it is still based on his idea, and i am not going to steal his thunder.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
i tried to move a 6.4 save file over and recreate a few things and change some stuff but it is so glitched i get nothing but aluminum stairs some a sign saying auxiliary reading and zombie head generator things (4 of them) everything else (the chests the walls etc) is all aluminum stairs without an image, you know that whole purple and black thing. so that wouldn't work. i will try your idea iskandar. and brenn_ i wanted to do something like that but i couldn't figure out how to do it. i don't know of a mod that does that. so i was actually just going to do as close as i could to a recreation of crash landing (this whole idea is based off of it any way) and give it only to iskandar for his approval before i put it out to you guys. i will do that any way because it is still based on his idea, and i am not going to steal his thunder.
Porting 1.6.4 stuff over isn't that difficult, if you remember one of the fundamental aspects of modded minecraft: Automation. As a proof-of-concept a month or two ago, I wrote a short computer program to automatically replace the 1.6.4 block IDs with 1.7.10 ones, and as far as I can tell (I flew over 1 city) it worked pretty well. The streets weren't working, but the buildings looked relatively intact.
-----
From what I know of BiomeTweaker, you should be able to customize pretty much everything about a world's generation with BiomeTweaker and Recurrent Complex, if you want to take the time to learn how they work (something I haven't done).

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
ok this is weird/embarrassing/stole my thunder. i was on curse just a minute ago and looking at new mod packs, just for fun. and someone has one called nuclear fallout. it doesn't look like what i have planed but i haven't played it yet.

Reactions: fedprod

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
ok this is weird/embarrassing/stole my thunder. i was on curse just a minute ago and looking at new mod packs, just for fun. and someone has one called nuclear fallout. it doesn't look like what i have planed but i haven't played it yet.
There are TONS of packs with themes like this. I'm surprised you're surprised that one of those exists. :p

Reactions: Pyure

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
well i am still going to continue to work on it. the problem i am having right now is every time i do anything to the config in biome tweaker it crashes and i have to remove and reinstall biome tweaker. i might just have to continue with the flat world for now.

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
So i have hit a bit of a snag.... my computer crashed during a refresh i was doing and it deleted windows. I backed up everything i had on my phone but i cant access it or my phone will corrupt it. Just need to send my computer back to the factory to get fixed but it is going to take a couple of weeks. I am still working on the map. It is taking alot longer than i thaught for the map but i am pushing through.

Reactions: Brenn_

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the windows installation disk for the version of windows you had, or have access to another computer with that version of windows? If so, you should still be able to reinstall windows on your own.

Also: great thinking, using your phone as a makeshift USB drive!