[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it is a shame. I was really hoping for a 1.7.10 version, or, if not, maybe a 1.9. I don't think a 1.9 "crash landing" type modpack is out of the question though.

Sent from my Thingy using a Thingy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
Considering all the mods have to be regularly updated to 1.9 I don't think there will a crash landing on the newer versions. Getting 1.7.10 might be possible if minor mods that are no longer continued to update can be removed or replaced.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The 1.7.10 update is paused and is in limbo. I want to work on it, but truthfully this pack came very close to burning me out permanently on Minecraft. I'm still a bit gun shy of coming back. That said, 1.7.10 version of this pack has begun some very preliminary work and there are tools now available that makes thing easier by an exponential amount. I can't promise anything, though. My life is in a bit of upheaval (I'm having extensive EXPENSIVE work done on my house and I just learned the my gf may be having twins as just two of the many, many examples) and my head isn't really in the right spot for dev work.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The 1.7.10 update is paused and is in limbo. I want to work on it, but truthfully this pack came very close to burning me out permanently on Minecraft. I'm still a bit gun shy of coming back. That said, 1.7.10 version of this pack has begun some very preliminary work and there are tools now available that makes thing easier by an exponential amount. I can't promise anything, though. My life is in a bit of upheaval (I'm having extensive EXPENSIVE work done on my house and I just learned the my gf may be having twins as just two of the many, many examples) and my head isn't really in the right spot for dev work.
Grats on that. :). Take ur time. Rushing it out will only hurt the final build.

Side note: you can always try his atonement pack. I believe the pack code is purpledeath. Our good buddy pyro has a few episodes of the pack in action.

Last edited:

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely loved this modpack, right up until Sync bugged out and dropped me into the Void when I died, erasing my world.

I'd totally jump at a 1.7.10 version though.

I'll probably play it again sometime, but I really need to decompress first. Epic ragequit ensued. I'd come so far. :)

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I still get the itch to play CL on a regular basis. I've still not found a pack that quite replaces that need. I get sad though when I think about all the neat things we've gained from mods in MC 1.7 that I don't get to enjoy in a 1.6 modpack!

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I still get the itch to play CL on a regular basis. I've still not found a pack that quite replaces that need. I get sad though when I think about all the neat things we've gained from mods in MC 1.7 that I don't get to enjoy in a 1.6 modpack!
For me, Obscurity has a very similar 'sense-of-danger' feel like crash landing did.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
For me, Obscurity has a very similar 'sense-of-danger' feel like crash landing did.

I did like Obscurity, but I stopped playing it fairly early in the quests. The thing I liked most in CL was that you were fighting a clock for hunger, thirst and survival against the enemy. To spend time on 1 of these issues meant that you would fall behind on the other 2. It was an amazing balancing act to not just maintain each, but also progress some. Combine that with one of the first modpacks to really have a progression recipe system and you end up with one unforgettable modpack! It also had all of my favorite mods and none of the extra stuff that I didn't need.

Blast-Off, I think, was the closest I've seen so far in balancing danger, but you were dragged through some mods I found REALLY unappealing (like flaxbeards, mariculture, myfit, and others) and some of the recipes/machines were very difficult to automate, which to me is no fun.

Post Finem was also really close. The ghast spawning was REALLY annoying, given the tools you have early on. Also, while Minechem is great for modpacks like Material Energy that aren't focused on balance, I really dislike it for a modpack like this. I eventually stopped playing mainly due to lack of interest in Minechem.

Regrowth has been the best progression recipe system I've seen in 1.7. Unfortunately, I like tech a LOT and Regrowth is VERY magic heavy. Plus, being forced to automate everything with Golems and BC is really annoying. But I still play this one a lot because TPL has done a really great job making everything fit together so tightly.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
If I may ask, what difficulties are there, really, in directly porting the pack up to 1.7.10 without changing any functionality, other than using lots of time? (Obviously, redoing the pack completely for an updated 1.7.10 experience would take much more work)

Pretty much all of the mods which were in the original have been updated, except (if I remember correctly) Rock Digger and Tinkers Steelworks (and, personally, I feel the pack would be better without Rock Digger--I have bad memories of having to build a high oven to get the last few seared bricks for a smeltery).

The only other two problems I can think of would be in redoing the HQM book, and redoing all of the structures to use 1.7.10-style blocks. The former would probably take a while (though, except for pneumaticcraft and AE2, could be mostly copied and pasted), but could probably be done while having youtube/TV running at the same time. Fixing the schematics would be a bit more of a hassle, but much of it could probably be done via a short computer program (Replace "<728>" with "exnihilo:dust" or something like that for each block type), especially since most of the schematics (from my brief reading of some of the ruins and city structure files) seem to share blocks.

There's also the Lockdown stuff (build spaceship), but I assume that would probably be relatively easy to implement, for someone who actually knows how to use them.

Secondary question: Would it be at all possible to set the world up as an endless sea of sand dunes, rather than just a flat world with occasional dunes?

(And if a 1.7.10 version does get up and running, please, please don't add agricraft :D)

By the way, Crash Landing was/is absolutely amazing. It's the first modpack I ever played, and it's still my favorite. Really quick to get into (unlike sky blocks), an incredibly well balanced line of progression, designed well enough so that even near end game there're still those times in the cities where you think you're going to die, the constant struggle of water vs food vs mobs vs progression which forces you to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, and the perfect combination of mods which fit perfectly together (As mentioned earlier, Rock Digger does not fit the "perfect combination"). All in all, an extremely challenging, yet incredibly rewarding pack which has such a unique feel. It would be really sad to see it die in 1.6.4.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Um every part of this pack is custom recipe. Not including the pack itself was becoming to buggy to my understanding and that is why the pack stopped development. He would have to start new on a 1.7. Build and redo the custom recipes and all for a 1.7.10. His plan as he has posted before was to do a part 2 to CL that was more stable then the first one was. I am looking foward to the magic edition of CL my self which will never happen saddily. :)