[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I have died a many times and restart map, and finally when I survive for next trip in city's - they are half in dust. road are not see so find city's is very difficled. I ride a horse with drum of water, stack of foods (i fly on wings but I died many times when I find city - game frozen ) and I find only one city with pneucraft, many with smeltery but no power plants. quest remaining: bliz, reactor controler and turbine controler.
My graphics is low - max 30 fps and when is word rendering only 5 FPS and city 1 fps or completly frozen - it cost me many deaths when I walk into city and didn't know it

in creative mode will be that better? I don't want to cheat:(
No it won't. Peaceful it might be, and you may have to cheat in a blizz spawn egg for your auto-spawner.

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
I have died a many times and restart map, and finally when I survive for next trip in city's - they are half in dust. road are not see so find city's is very difficled. I ride a horse with drum of water, stack of foods (i fly on wings but I died many times when I find city - game frozen ) and I find only one city with pneucraft, many with smeltery but no power plants. quest remaining: bliz, reactor controler and turbine controler.
My graphics is low - max 30 fps and when is word rendering only 5 FPS and city 1 fps or completly frozen - it cost me many deaths when I walk into city and didn't know it

in creative mode will be that better? I don't want to cheat:(

It took me a bit to find a power plant. I noted when my computer lagged in frame rate when exploring, then I stopped then saved and exited the game, then logged back in and the cities loaded in a little better and faster. There are cities out there with power plants....but are hard to find and at extreme distance. For a bliz what I did is make 20 snow blocks in my glacial precipitator, then went outside my base and placed them in a square and went back in my base. After a couple of minecraft days....a bliz spawned on that snow patch during the night, when morning came, he remained longer then the zombies or skeletons increasing my chances of not getting killed...grabbed my safari net and went after the bliz. (flew with my jetpack to make it easier to net him and avoid his snowballs). Then I put him in my autospawner.....be aware though, I always seem to have a bliz spawn outside of my spawner area, so have a place to dive into to avoid them until you can take them out and turn off the spawner.

JuraHaw

Jul 29, 2019
Damm I forget how make bliz - I did it at Agrarian Skies;)
so you recommended ride horse 10.000 block away base and looking at this area?

edit: I see Landstryder play CL and he got it almost next base

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Damm I forget how make bliz - I did it at Agrarian Skies;)
so you recommended ride horse 10.000 block away base and looking at this area?

edit: I see Landstryder play CL and he got it almost next base

Landstryder was playing in 1.12 when he found his city and it was slightly easier to find them. In 1.13 it is much more difficult to find them. I went in circular pattern at 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 blocks and I searched the map points (North, south, east, west and Northwest, northeast etc).

pkuh_1337

Jul 29, 2019
Sorta quick question. Whenever i try to make anything from the mod "Minefactory Reloaded" it won't work. I can get the NEI to display the recipe and i can get the materials to make it. But nothing from the mod seems to work. Making completing the book impossible for me. I looked through old posts to see if anyone is going through the same thing but it doesn't seem like it. can someone help me please

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sorta quick question. Whenever i try to make anything from the mod "Minefactory Reloaded" it won't work. I can get the NEI to display the recipe and i can get the materials to make it. But nothing from the mod seems to work. Making completing the book impossible for me. I looked through old posts to see if anyone is going through the same thing but it doesn't seem like it. can someone help me please
Can you post a screenshot? Some items will break recipes if they're scavenged instead of crafted. Books come to mind iirc.

JuraHaw

Jul 29, 2019
just make the book all from wood, if you have pulvelizer - book from city doesn't work for me

BTW: I have died :D so I play again

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
There was a trick for the books. Make 1 "real" book from scratch, then drop all the scavenged books from the city on the ground. When you pick them back up, they will all stack and all become "clean" books you can use. Repeat this as many times as necessary.

pkuh_1337

Jul 29, 2019
Here are some of the recipes i have found that don't work. I cant create the Auto-enchanter, Auto-Spawner, Auto-Anvil, Grinder, or even another quest book. any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I did find that if i went into creative mode i can create things like the Auto-Spawner and the Auto-Anvil. But i don't know why.

2015-07-02_23.30.37.png
2015-07-02_23.32.07.png
2015-07-02_23.32.11.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Here are some of the recipes i have found that don't work. I cant create the Auto-enchanter, Auto-Spawner, Auto-Anvil, Grinder, or even another quest book. any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I did find that if i went into creative mode i can create things like the Auto-Spawner and the Auto-Anvil. But i don't know why.

View attachment 20704 View attachment 20705 View attachment 20706
Did you try the advice given you already? Try crafting those books with leather and paper and see if it helps.

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Yes, it is the books. They are from the city and will not work. The hint to make ONE book put in a chest (without the others so they don't stack and change meta data). Get the others and drop them on the ground. Get the book you just made, then go get the ones on the ground. When you pick them up, they will change meta data and match the info on the "just made" book already in your inventory and then you should be able to use them in the recipes.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
That is a known bug that has a workaround in the post directly above your own.

Stuff like this is why I don't like nbt/meta sensitive crafting and adore 1.7.10, and the ore dictionary

Caffae

Jul 29, 2019
Do you plan on adding mods that make the game less focused on grinding? (at the start) e.g. Vein Miner
What about Dual Hotbars and Tree Growing Simulator.

It would make starting over less tedious ;)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Do you plan on adding mods that make the game less focused on grinding? (at the start) e.g. Vein Miner
What about Dual Hotbars and Tree Growing Simulator.

It would make starting over less tedious ;)
I added those mods on my own but be careful with VeinMiner I accidently starved myself several times.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
VeinMiner is totally a double-edged sword on maps with Hunger Overhaul on something resembling stock configs.

pkuh_1337

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry i was out for the weekend. Thank you for the advice. i had no idea. at first i tried it and the book thing wasn't working at all. And to tell the truth i have no idea why its working now. But thank you so much for the advice.