[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
The reasoning for its removal makes sense (nullifies the trench+wall strategy), however that strategy isn't completely safe if you also enable the special AI. You'd still have to deal with Ghast jockeys, Giant-tossed everything, etc. It allows for more variety, is what I'm saying.

Course I also disable special AI, cause I'm a casual like that.
High-five, fellow filthy casual!

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
So Shane, how about telling me how to re-enable that feature? Would be nice to play this pack again, but I'm not going to waste my time when the mobs just derp around like vanilla.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
In \FTB\CrashLanding\minecraft\config\ZombieAwareness\ folder, open Features.cfg and make sure that:
Code:
"zombie awareness: features" {
    B:awareness_Light=true
    B:awareness_Scent=false
    B:awareness_Sound=true
    B:extraSpawningCave=false
    B:extraSpawningSurface=false
    B:noisyPistons=true
    B:noisyZombies=true
    B:wanderingHordes=false
}
Most essential there are light/scent/sound awareness, and disabled extra spawning (it will drown out skeleton spawns). This is all assuming Zombie Awareness is not a disabled mod, of course.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded 1.1.3, and I can see the problem with Zombie Awareness right off the bat. The zip file included in the download needs to be extracted and properly installed before the mod will work correctly.

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question.. I had a brief scan of old posts but couldn't find anything related to my issue.

I am playing on a local host server with my boyfriend and I have discovered, after watching playthroughs from other people, that all my cities on the map seem to have not generated correctly and are almost always at least half buried in dust, making finding items in them extremely difficult.
Is it supposed to be like this in 1.1.3 or did our world not generate correctly? This is also making finding the reactor parts for the quest very difficult as I can't find any reactor buildings and I don't know if that is because they are buried

Last edited:

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Cities changed in 1.1.3 to make window-shopping more difficult.

Welp. Even after properly unpacking Zombie Awareness, it wasn't working for me in 1.1.3 until I disabled Special Mobs. Maybe it's because the SM config is set to replace non-special vanilla mobs with SM equivalents? But didn't even the special guys horde after the player in 1.1.2?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry everyone i'm working on an update for this but after looking at every thing it may take some time cause theirs a lot of things i want to get fixed and iv got a lot going on but all of this will be fixed

MissEmai

Jul 29, 2019
Cities changed in 1.1.3 to make window-shopping more difficult.

More difficult? I have spent well over two hours searching the cities and towns I have found trying to find reactor/turbine parts, with no luck at all.
Am I missing something? I can't complete two of the quests without this stuff

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry everyone i'm working on an update for this but after looking at every thing it may take some time cause theirs a lot of things i want to get fixed and iv got a lot going on but all of this will be fixed
Good luck recoding cities... 1.7.10 use item names rather then item IDs :p

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
More difficult? I have spent well over two hours searching the cities and towns I have found trying to find reactor/turbine parts, with no luck at all.
Am I missing something? I can't complete two of the quests without this stuff

I agree it is extremely difficult. It took me until my 12th city to find a reactor city. It was over 15000 blocks away from my base. I found more graveyards that were easier than the cities to raid. But not under the graveyard. I have yet to invade the crypt under the graveyard....I am just a "graverobber" :)

Eventually I will do the crypts. I am still getting the nerve to "undig" the cities. I have completed the quest book. Now to play...but now that Shane has said he is updating, I am waiting until the update. Shane is there a link to a video about the update? I wasn't able to be there for the twitch update on what you are updating. Oh....and in playing both 1.12 and 1.13 I find that my "skin" shows about all the time in 1.12, but not in 1.13 at all. I have tried different launchers (curse and ftb) restarting new worlds with fresh files and still the same. It is in SSP. Not sure if this happens in multiplayer.

Anyways, I am anxious for the update, but I am willing to wait. Crash Landing is my favorite pack.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Has anyone tried using drones to raid cities? That's my goal for the next version.

Portable drone stations, removing sand and walls and whatnot.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Has anyone tried using drones to raid cities? That's my goal for the next version.

Portable drone stations, removing sand and walls and whatnot.
If you go back a few hundred pages you'll find I did this. The trick is giving them a tool that will work on the materials you want removed, and making sure you give them plenty of volume upgrades. (And speed upgrades too if possible but they're annoying to make)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I agree it is extremely difficult. It took me until my 12th city to find a reactor city. It was over 15000 blocks away from my base. I found more graveyards that were easier than the cities to raid. But not under the graveyard. I have yet to invade the crypt under the graveyard....I am just a "graverobber" :)

Eventually I will do the crypts. I am still getting the nerve to "undig" the cities. I have completed the quest book. Now to play...but now that Shane has said he is updating, I am waiting until the update. Shane is there a link to a video about the update? I wasn't able to be there for the twitch update on what you are updating. Oh....and in playing both 1.12 and 1.13 I find that my "skin" shows about all the time in 1.12, but not in 1.13 at all. I have tried different launchers (curse and ftb) restarting new worlds with fresh files and still the same. It is in SSP. Not sure if this happens in multiplayer.

Anyways, I am anxious for the update, but I am willing to wait. Crash Landing is my favorite pack.
Sorry but like I said earlier it may be a bit before I get the update completed because when I did the update stream, I realized that when my old PC died I lost a lot of data including all the custom blocks I made as well as missing textures and a lot more stuff.
Add to that I want to go through all the bugs and mods to see what I can do to make this the best update yet, it all just adds up to time, and right now time is something I don't have a whole lot of with me working on 4 MC books, 3 mod packs, and streaming twice daily.
But know that I am working on this slowly but surely.

Reactions: Ladysarajane

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
If you go back a few hundred pages you'll find I did this. The trick is giving them a tool that will work on the materials you want removed, and making sure you give them plenty of volume upgrades. (And speed upgrades too if possible but they're annoying to make)
Steve's Factory Manager. The speed upgrades are still speed potions, cake, and compressed iron, right? It's been months since I played CL and I can't remember what recipes were cost-shifted because it was so strangely inconsistent (same issue I had with Agrarian Skies actually... the balance was screwed with, but done so in such ODD ways)

Cake is easy to manage with SFM, and potions are so easy to chain you can do it in vanilla!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Steve's Factory Manager. The speed upgrades are still speed potions, cake, and compressed iron, right? It's been months since I played CL and I can't remember what recipes were cost-shifted because it was so strangely inconsistent (same issue I had with Agrarian Skies actually... the balance was screwed with, but done so in such ODD ways)

Cake is easy to manage with SFM, and potions are so easy to chain you can do it in vanilla!
Yeah its just the cake that bugs me :)

The potions aren't too bad, you just daisy chain some breweries and you're good to go.

JuraHaw

Jul 29, 2019
I have died a many times and restart map, and finally when I survive for next trip in city's - they are half in dust. road are not see so find city's is very difficled. I ride a horse with drum of water, stack of foods (i fly on wings but I died many times when I find city - game frozen ) and I find only one city with pneucraft, many with smeltery but no power plants. quest remaining: bliz, reactor controler and turbine controler.
My graphics is low - max 30 fps and when is word rendering only 5 FPS and city 1 fps or completly frozen - it cost me many deaths when I walk into city and didn't know it

in creative mode will be that better? I don't want to cheat:(