[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hmm, I just booted up the test world and didn't have a huge amount of luck with the florbs. The liquid metal kills many mobs and could be a nice portable defensive wall, but does not do much about pigmen. Glue is worthless, and concrete makes a mess. Concrete does trap and kill a few mobs but pigmen jump far to much to be caught in it.

View attachment 12953
it looks like that pair of creeper and skeleton are dancing in it to spite you.[DOUBLEPOST=1411238435][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol wut? Printing press here I come. Dropped from creeper btw (fire I think).
I have half a stack of those from my grinders :)[DOUBLEPOST=1411238644][/DOUBLEPOST]
To be fair, a lot of the 1.6.4 bugs in Pneumaticcraft have been fixed in 1.7.10.
bugs yes. features, not so much, plus on other worlds, the worldgen in 1.7 is choked to death by it and botania w/o a whole lot of tweaking (not so much a problem in CL). My biggest issue with PC isn't the bugs. It's how the pack is intended to work by the author, and the clunkiness of it that never grows on you, no matter how many times you are forced to go through it.

Reactions: Bagman817

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
This is incorrect. Iskandar has already stated that moving to 1.7.10 will require a 100% rewrite, from the ground up. Redo of all the buildings, the starter ship, all the quests, absolutely positively 100% of all the things will have to be redone by hand. That's why he said it will take several months. That being said, now that I know about FastCraft, I don't really care either way. My main concern (that 1.7.10 runs like absolute crap on my totally fine, non-toaster machine) is fixed with the addition of FastCraft, so yeah, either way is fine with me, although if it really comes down to it, I'd prefer he finish CL1 in 1.6.4.

for those wanting to test 1.7 packs, I offered up the phoenix pack on ftb. I would now also recommend Karma on the atlauncher. It's got quite a lot of mods, not skylands, and, with fastcraft, runs quite well. I suppose this is a good example of how CL would run in 1.7. It's got regular OW. It has special mobs (not ZA iirc) but it also has a lot of mob related replacement mods and I feel it runs really fast. I haven't had a single glitch since playing it.

The way I see it, it's the world generation mods that really tank the performance. Thus, botania and PC are the biggest problem mods followed closely by Thaumcraft, slightly AM2, and others that do any world gen at all. Thaumcraft is probably up there with botania and PC but I've played with it in phoenix pack and it's not so bad.[DOUBLEPOST=1411239259][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is incorrect. Iskandar has already stated that moving to 1.7.10 will require a 100% rewrite, from the ground up. Redo of all the buildings, the starter ship, all the quests, absolutely positively 100% of all the things will have to be redone by hand. That's why he said it will take several months. That being said, now that I know about FastCraft, I don't really care either way. My main concern (that 1.7.10 runs like absolute crap on my totally fine, non-toaster machine) is fixed with the addition of FastCraft, so yeah, either way is fine with me, although if it really comes down to it, I'd prefer he finish CL1 in 1.6.4.
a side note to the rebuilding from scratch. In another pack (iirc it's stirecraft), the maker mentioned making a script or something to convert worlds from 1.6.4 to 1.7.10, so that might be something iskandar can do for converting world. Plus mcedit is also an option. may not need to be done completely over. but still a lot of work needs to be done to do it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Only way I can think of to reliably deal with the ninja-spawning Zombies is to drawbridge the area around the mob tower.
when I tested this extensively, I made the entire floor of my base non spawnable material (ferrous TE block). I lit up everything as well. The zombie buddy feature wasn't ever triggered from what I could tell. I had mobs spawning in areas they shouldn't ever spawn regardless of light level and most likely not even spawnable blocks as well. So, in addition to zombie reinforcement, there's another way they can get in.

I think a magnum torch/chandelier is only thing that would really stop that bug from happening. I do feel it's ZA that's causing it but it's just a hunch. Hard to test for.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest issue with PC isn't the bugs. It's how the pack is intended to work by the author, and the clunkiness of it that never grows on you, no matter how many times you are forced to go through it.
If the magic seeds were replaced with something that was tech I'd probably be at a stage where I could say I liked the mod. It also needs to add some stuff that is useful early-mid game beyond omnihoppers. The problem with it now is that it does next to nothing that is inherently useful for the player until you're at the end of the tech tree. That means they see it as simply an unpleasant hurdle on the way to MFR/TE machines that actually do something they consider useful.

Compare it with Rotarycraft which has a lot of early/midgame utility and the giant 5x carrot and it starts becoming obvious why pcraft isn't getting that great of a reception.

Last edited:

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone feel like there are less mobs now?[DOUBLEPOST=1411241270][/DOUBLEPOST]How can I increase the mob spawn rate so the map is more fun?

namae

Jul 29, 2019
If the magic seeds were replaced with something that was tech I'd probably be at a stage where I could say I liked the mod. It also needs to add some stuff that is useful early-mid game beyond ominhoppers. The problem with it now is that it does next to nothing that is inherently useful for the player until you're at the end of the tech tree.
Wait, theres something good at the end of tech tree? Because I can only remember drones and those aren't really my thing. To me the only thing it offers is hoppers which are somewhat obsolete even for sieving once you get vacuum hopper. My main concern (besides overall uselessness) is that mod looks like a mess without any clear cut ideas. We have random property seeds which have NOTHING AT ALL to do with pneumatics (its like they are used to be a mod on their own) plus most on them are hardly functional in CL since there's no dirt. They are also quite hard to automate by normal means.
Then we get to the machinery and at first energy looks original, but then you realize its absurdly basic 'put fuel, get energy' system with only one generator (excluding converters) unnecessarily complicated by pressure, which you have to manage through a redstone signal power. I mean, holy shit this is first mod which actually made me keep in check power of redstone signal. What kind of poor imagination or author posses? Or is it skills?
So... I see no real reason to rush 1.7 just to make this thing less buggy.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
when I tested this extensively, I made the entire floor of my base non spawnable material (ferrous TE block). I lit up everything as well. The zombie buddy feature wasn't ever triggered from what I could tell. I had mobs spawning in areas they shouldn't ever spawn regardless of light level and most likely not even spawnable blocks as well. So, in addition to zombie reinforcement, there's another way they can get in.

I think a magnum torch/chandelier is only thing that would really stop that bug from happening. I do feel it's ZA that's causing it but it's just a hunch. Hard to test for.

They aren't spawning near the mob tower [I was mistaken in thinking they were]. They may be spawning due to the mob tower...but I just had one spawn in my clone room? and I'm noticing them spawning on top of the ship. Could it be something inadvertently caused by Sync? I agree, this issue is difficult to pin down and it's getting annoying.

Once I have the tech to do so, I may disable the tower entirely and use an AA/AutoSpawner combo for mob juice [most likely Green Slimes]. And then run the other mobs for drops as needed.

Speaking of Slimes, is it possible to get/make a bucket of Blue Slime in this pack? I tried smelting blue slime balls, blue slime crystals, and congealed blue slime to no avail. The bucket is in NEI [I know, I know] and since the items don't want to melt down, I'm thinking it has to be melting the Blue Slimes themselves...which means having the bucket first? I'm stumped ATM [just want them for the tool parts].
Edit: Wow, all that time/effort and the Wiki has the infos backward. Green Slime tool parts are superior to Blue.

Am I missing some other way?[DOUBLEPOST=1411243367][/DOUBLEPOST]
does any one know of a way to automate turning milk buckets into fresh milk?
Cyclic Assember for sure. Possibly Steve's Factory Manager as well? And let's not forget Applied Energistics autocrafting.

Edit: They are most certainly spawning around the clones. Just managed to catch a Giant suffocating in that room.

Last edited:
Reactions: EpicWhiteWolf

namae

Jul 29, 2019
Will forestry work with CL? I think it should work pretty good with an idea of revitalization of a dead planet.

Also minor bug: liquid pyrotheum source block produce no heat whatsoever. Surround it with cobble slabs and you can have safe max speed crucible right in your house.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
IRT unexplained Zombie spawns after building a mob tower...

I've had my tower off [no auto killing / XP mode] for a few days now and haven't had any Zombie spawns so it looks like it is caused by the tower and most likely is related to the zombie reinforcement mechanic.

Tiki1531

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever i try to play it does this. Anyone know how to fix?

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v 1.1.2.1 MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 4352
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Sep 20, 2014 6:46:53 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Sep 20, 2014 6:46:54 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
5x5 pit 1 block deep, fill with pure witch water source blocks, dig 4 layers deep to make 5x5x5 pit of witch water. place grinder in one of the 4 side walls, enjoy infinite ghast stuffs.
Don't forget to cover the pit....

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever i try to play it does this. Anyone know how to fix?

Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v 1.1.2.1 MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 4352
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Sep 20, 2014 6:46:53 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Sep 20, 2014 6:46:54 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
That's a lot if words