[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Your level.dat in the save folder might had gone missing.... Dont believe that is caused by the update.

If that is the case and you still want to recover your world, while loosing your inventory just create a new world with a different name and then copy the level.dat file from the new world to the old world. MC will see the world again but... you will lose all your inventory and quest/thaumcraft(..) progress, since it is saved inside this file.

You can always go nuts, and edit the level.dat file with an NBT Editor and copy the contents of the player.dat file inside player folder to the level.dat file.
In single player, the player/player.dat file is a copy of your player info that is inside the level.dat but its not used. Its just there for server compatibility reasons. Single player cliente uses the player data inside level.dat.

DaveyBeer

Jul 29, 2019
Your level.dat in the save folder might had gone missing.... Dont believe that is caused by the update.

If that is the case and you still want to recover your world, while loosing your inventory just create a new world with a different name and then copy the level.dat file from the new world to the old world. MC will see the world again but... you will lose all your inventory and quest/thaumcraft(..) progress, since it is saved inside this file.

You can always go nuts, and edit the level.dat file with an NBT Editor and copy the contents of the player.dat file inside player folder to the level.dat file.
In single player, the player/player.dat file is a copy of your player info that is inside the level.dat but its not used. Its just there for server compatibility reasons. Single player cliente uses the player data inside level.dat.
Thank you for your help its alright I have started over again ;P I wasn't that far any way but still Thank you!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed we have a special recipe for Marble.
Would be awesome if we could also get one recipe for Quarried Stone and for Abyssal Stone from Railcraft.

And the Limestone.... maybe removed from the sieving results and add a recipe for it? So it is coherent...

DaveyBeer

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed we have a special recipe for Marble.
Would be awesome if we could also get one recipe for Quarried Stone and for Abyssal Stone from Railcraft.

And the Limestone.... maybe removed from the sieving results and add a recipe for it? So it is coherent...
Yeah would be nice to get a recipe for The other stuff cause you can't get them now :*(

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help its alright I have started over again ;P I wasn't that far any way but still Thank you!
Backup your world just in case but this works everytime. Make a new world with the EXACT same name. It will load the old world with all the things still there and your inventory will be intact...or should be

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Banananaa

Jul 29, 2019
any idea what character that might be? can i just delete that config file? (im not too worried about powersuits esp with ic2 and blood magic armors) Thanks Gid, planning on checking out running red also... too many modpacks to play and too little time.

Edit: maybe im blind but im not even seeing a powersuits config file in the config folder...

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
any idea what character that might be? can i just delete that config file? (im not too worried about powersuits esp with ic2 and blood magic armors) Thanks Gid, planning on checking out running red also... too many modpacks to play and too little time.

Edit: maybe im blind but im not even seeing a powersuits config file in the config folder...
The problem is actually with powersuits addons. I'm not certain if this actually has to do with the config folder messing up or not though. The config is found under config/machinemuse/andrew/powersuitsAddons.cfg you could try deleting it and see if it helps. You could also just remove the mod entirely if that fails. Powersuits are required in a quest, but the addons are not.

Maybe you could add some more Quests
I may at some point, but I'd rather get it fairly stable first. I think it's getting there though.

Banananaa

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is actually with powersuits addons. I'm not certain if this actually has to do with the config folder messing up or not though. The config is found under config/machinemuse/andrew/powersuitsAddons.cfg you could try deleting it and see if it helps. You could also just remove the mod entirely if that fails. Powersuits are required in a quest, but the addons are not.

Thank you! worked

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... a few question about the quests...

Is there a workaround for the molten iron quest, since QDS is not recognising the molten iron?

Am I missing something or do I have to cook 500k cobblestone to get the stone for the quest? If we had quarry plus, I know how I would do this... Without it, I only see using induction smelters working for hours...
Same for the grass...Not that its too hard to shovel 1000 blocks of grass but... is there an easy way?

Reactions: Lumaceon

Asmadi

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started this modpack, but when i try to build an MFSU to charge my Lapotron crystal, the recipe from NEI (6 Lapotron Crystals, an advanced circuit, MFE, and an advanced Machine Casing) doesn't craft into anything, does anyone know why this would be?[DOUBLEPOST=1407895926][/DOUBLEPOST]Strange, I don't know why but now i can craft it and I didn't change the recipe at all.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
So.... a few question about the quests...

Is there a workaround for the molten iron quest, since QDS is not recognising the molten iron?

Am I missing something or do I have to cook 500k cobblestone to get the stone for the quest? If we had quarry plus, I know how I would do this... Without it, I only see using induction smelters working for hours...
Same for the grass...Not that its too hard to shovel 1000 blocks of grass but... is there an easy way?
The molten iron quest is bugged for this release (though I did get it fixed in time for the JamPacked submission). You will have to /hqm edit past it. The stone quest should probably be cobblestone now that I actually did the math for it, thanks for pointing that out. The grass one isn't "too" hard once you get an excavator with silk touch. I will probably lessen that requirement as well though; the hard part should be getting the emerald.

I recently started this modpack, but when i try to build an MFSU to charge my Lapotron crystal, the recipe from NEI (6 Lapotron Crystals, an advanced circuit, MFE, and an advanced Machine Casing) doesn't craft into anything, does anyone know why this would be?[DOUBLEPOST=1407895926][/DOUBLEPOST]Strange, I don't know why but now i can craft it and I didn't change the recipe at all.
Did you try to shift-click it in with NEI before? NEI does not like non-stackable items.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually a bug on IC2 integration with NEI.
IC2 registers the recipe containing Lapotron's with a weird metadata (32k something when the empty one is 23, I think). If you craft one Lapatron and use the empty one to create the pattern/scheme, you will be able to craft it since it will have the correct metadata(This is assuming you are talking about auto-crafting). This is a very old bug that never got fixed and almost every one knows except the people new to IC2 know how to work around it. This also happens with the energy crystal in the Lapotron recipe. Even DW20 'complained' about that a few days ago in his SMP LP series.

Since the release of minetweaker, this can easily be fixed but since there are almost no packs with IC2 and almost everyone knows the workaround, it doesnt come in the default minetweaker recipes.
Keep in mind, if you have a PowerSuit with a charging system, between the crafting of the Lapatron and the usage in the pattern/schema, it might get a little charge and change the metadata. So... remove the powersuite while you do this. Took me 10 mins to figure out why my recipe was not working...

Edit: Ok... this is a strange IC2 bug... First time you see the recipe it has a strange metadata value, but if you check it again later... it is fixed... Maybe that is why you were able to craft it again later. I tried to find a fix for it with minetweaker but just ended in becoming completely broken.... But the recipe for the Lapotron still has an invalid metadata for the energy crystal...

And, while I player with minetweaker, here is my sugestion for the abyssal and quarried cobble recipes:

Code:
#Add recipe for abyssal and quarried stone
ink = oreDict.dyeBlack;
bone = oreDict.dyeWhite;
cobble = oreDict.cobblestone;
recipes.addShaped(<466:5> * 4, [ [null, cobble, null],[cobble, ink, cobble],[null, cobble, null] ]);
recipes.addShaped(<471:5> * 4, [ [null, cobble, null],[cobble, bone, cobble],[null, cobble, null] ]);
furnace.removeRecipe(<466:2>, <466:5>);
furnace.removeRecipe(<471:2>, <471:5>);
furnace.addRecipe(<457:6>, <466:5>);
furnace.addRecipe(<457:7>, <471:5>);

changed the furnace recipes to make more sense, so you have cobble->stone->block and the recipe gives you the cobble.

The molten iron quest is bugged for this release (though I did get it fixed in time for the JamPacked submission). You will have to /hqm edit past it. The stone quest should probably be cobblestone now that I actually did the math for it, thanks for pointing that out. The grass one isn't "too" hard once you get an excavator with silk touch. I will probably lessen that requirement as well though; the hard part should be getting the emerald.
Are we going to get an update by the end of the week, so I can wait or I should just force the completeness of the quests? (edit: just fixed the molten iron on my quest book. strange the search returning two molten iron items...)
Yes, the grass is not that hard, its only 4 chunks of grass and when you get to this stage, you should have a nice stack of emeralds. Was just curious if there was a better way of doing it.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

By the way, just found an easy way of doing this.
  • I can cook the cobble, but its slow....
  • I can make normal stone in an extruder but its expensive since I will need a lot of them
  • or... I can use a stone barrel with water being piped in and a source block of lava on top of it and a itemduct below to extract.. Use liquid transfers on a water source instead of aqueous accumulators or it will be to much expensive. (edit: this does not seem to work...)

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
And, its that time of the day again... post spam time :)

I noticed HungerOverhaul is making MFR planters not working correctly with Wheat...
Since the max amount of seeds per harvest is 0, the harvester only gets Wheat and no seeds...
This 0 default value makes some sense when we take in account that the mod was designed to not be used with automation, to be used with HarvestCraft and Natura and to promote foraging.
Its not the case here...

The values should be tweaked so min value is 1 and max is 3 or 4.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
And, its that time of the day again... post spam time :)

I noticed HungerOverhaul is making MFR planters not working correctly with Wheat...
Since the max amount of seeds per harvest is 0, the harvester only gets Wheat and no seeds...
This 0 default value makes some sense when we take in account that the mod was designed to not be used with automation, to be used with HarvestCraft and Natura and to promote foraging.
Its not the case here...

The values should be tweaked so min value is 1 and max is 3 or 4.
Yeah, that and a number of other things that HO does that I would prefer it not do. I heavily edited that config, thanks for pointing that out. Will also be using your minetweak for abyssal and quarried stones, credits to you added in the minetweaker comment.

FTB updates usually take place Thursday or Friday. I always try to have the next CP update ready in time for the FTB updates. If it's not out by Saturday, it may be best to skip.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that and a number of other things that HO does that I would prefer it not do. I heavily edited that config, thanks for pointing that out. Will also be using your minetweak for abyssal and quarried stones, credits to you added in the minetweaker comment.

FTB updates usually take place Thursday or Friday. I always try to have the next CP update ready in time for the FTB updates. If it's not out by Saturday, it may be best to skip.
There's no need, I'm always glad to help.

I have been 'fixing' the quests with the changes you said you might make, so I could progress. I feel I'm cheating if I press the complete button in edit mode :p

I'm only cheating the Thaumcraft research, coz I will not do the damn research for the 5th or 6th time.... There are other new stuff way more interesting to do and that take a lot of time!

Reactions: DoomSquirter

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, if you are struggling with the dirt quest.... here is a nice way of doing it

This helps completing the cobblestone and dirt quest:

Once you can fly, unload the dimension and over the bedrock, construct a small platform way high. I build a 16x16 at something like 160. Make a nice pool on this platform, 1 high height.
After the pool is fully filled, with only water source blocks, remove the floor of the pool and let the water go all way down to the bedrock.

Now it gets funny. Put a ender thermic pump near the water, with a void pipe, and let it suck all the water and replace it with cobblestone.

When it finishes, remove the pump and put an ender quarry there. This will get you the cobble for one of the quests. The ender quarry will replace all the cobble with dirt, so when it finishes.... remove the ender quarry and put a normal quarry there, so you get all the dirt :)

No need to go crazy with tree farms and saplings and wood barrels!

Also, do this over the bedrock or the normal quarry will go nuts when it reaches the end, since its expecting bedrock at the bottom.

Also, while the ender quarry does his job... Star digging with silk touch the top layer where the grass is.... No need to open wholes in a dimension :)

Last edited: