[1.6.4] BC Addon- Adds a Color Sorter to BuildCraft

MomoNasty

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been posted already, but this is a small mod that makes buildcraft sorting amazing.

For those familiar with 1.6.4 Buildcraft, you should know their are pipes added (lapis/daizuli) that allow the coloring of items for sorting purposes.

What this mod does is take advantage of that new color sorting and allows you to use a machine with a gui similar to the RP2 sorter for your Buildcraft sorting! You configure the sorter to color items based on your preference and when items go through it they will be colored and will go through the path you set for them via lapis pipes.

So now you can route items much better than you could with the default buildcraft pipes and have RP2-like sorting system except with BuildCraft!

Link to mod:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ojump-mod-deathitemsmod-keepitemsondeath-mod/

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I like this mod. There's a lot of potential behind it and it's very reminiscent of the pipes/sorting system from RedPower.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this mod goes.

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
When I first heard about item coloring in BuildCraft I was actually very exited, but the more I think of it I get more and more convinced it was the wrong choice. It feels "tacked on" and out of place. BuildCraft already have a very powerful routing tool in the diamond pipe. The item coloring feature undermines that. It is possible for BuildCraft to have both, but mods generally becomes better if they have a focus.

A week or so before Covert added item coloring to BuildCraft I talked to him and Krapht about a different system we could have used in the same way. I called it "Transportation Crates". It meant that instead of tagging a color on to the item you would put the item in an actual crate. These crates would come in different colors and sizes. I suggested 16 different variations. This would make it possible for the diamond pipe to do the routing instead of these new color sensitive pipes. It would fit BuildCraft a whole lot better. It could also make way for more content related to the crates. Things like crate production and painting.

I still have a faint hope that no additional features for coloring is added and that it eventually is removed again. I'm currently making a new pipe for BuildCraft and Covert have hinted that he wants it to color items in addition to what I wanted it to do. Needless to say I'm very reluctant. It would turn my pipe into a tiny variant of the machine we see in the video above.