1.6.2 IC2 experimental version changes.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
its all busywork. A TE ore processing system is 'busywork'. This is what mystifies me the most about these discussions, GT and IC2 are EXACTLY like TE and other mods, they just extend the curve out further than others do.

And cross the subjective line between effort vs. reward well into "my god this is tedious" for a lot of people. There's craptons of mods in FTB, I personally really don't understand why so many people seem to focus only on GT/IC2 and accept the enourmous amount of time that it wants you to spend waiting and crafting while you could spend that time actually building stuff.

I think the main difference in gameplay is that I play to build factories, not play to build individual machines. Not saying that that playstyle is 'better' or anything, it's just difference. The "god GT sucks" crowd will never understand the "I love GT" crowd because for some the grindy parts are dead boring, and for others they're fun.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the hostilities from the No-GT crowds is generated mostly due to the Love-GT crowd whom keeps on harping about how non-GT is easy mode and how those No-GT players can't take up the challenge. Also, stop with the "time-consuming = hard" argument, it isn't.

On topic, it is great IC2 decided to add content. But in my own opinion, too bad it is going down the path that adds more tedious stuff to it in the name of "realism". The ore processing machines are a great addition in my eyes, the tools (manual ones) on the other hand is a major put off.

DrHexatron

Jul 29, 2019
wait. Is it really called the DESU? Really? I couldn't find any documentation of such an item existing on the new build changelogs.
I don't like the new IC2. This is because I've played it for a long time and to have it change so suddenly, it makes me sad. You know what they say : You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
"New energy storage DESU (or something like this) can storage 300k EU and can send 128 EU/t."

New energy storage DESU (or something like this)

New energy storage DESU

-DESU-

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion hasn't changed from the last thread that the Metal Former and wire/plate changes in general are pointless and should be axed. They do nothing but cause tedium.

The other changes though are quite good, and in one case absolutely hilarious. I think a certain mod dev we know is going to be very happy that UU can be piped everywhere (and god forbid it's placeable)...

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Generally speaking I like the changes; I just think IC2 needs to include some more incentives for developing the mod's infrastructure. Right now the only appealing "goal" for me (aside from a killer ore processing system itself) is a building a gravi suit. Maybe you could add a super powerful nuclear reactor to that list. But I feel like other mods open up so many more doors as you progress through them - perhaps largely because many of them share a power system.

The other changes though are quite good, and in one case absolutely hilarious. I think a certain mod dev we know is going to be very happy that UU can be piped everywhere (and god forbid it's placeable)...

Hahaha, yes. I can't wait to watch those videos. :D

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the hostilities from the No-GT crowds is generated mostly due to the Love-GT crowd whom keeps on harping about how non-GT is easy mode and how those No-GT players can't take up the challenge. Also, stop with the "time-consuming = hard" argument, it isn't.

On topic, it is great IC2 decided to add content. But in my own opinion, too bad it is going down the path that adds more tedious stuff to it in the name of "realism". The ore processing machines are a great addition in my eyes, the tools (manual ones) on the other hand is a major put off.

Not trying to drub up old bickering, but I want to point out that I think there's plenty of blame to go around. No one side of the argument is correct, and no one side of the argument has been more vocal. The difference is that the pro-GT crowd had more direct proponents, where the anti-GT crowd resorted to veiled insults. For about a two months during 1.47, you couldnt go into a singlw thread in this forum without some kind of underhanded quib at GT, and it was insanely annoying.

It is fallacious to believe one method of bickering is more valid than the other. There is no high ground in the nonsense that was going on in this forum, only two different kinds of losers.

I agree with you on the tool thing, I find it tedious and unnecessary. The biggest strength and weakness of GT is its unifying method, creating one big mod. Its a strength because the first play through is extremely immersive and involved, its a weakness because it requires lockout of other progression to be effective. Its also worth noting that it suffers heavily like TC3 due to its gated approach on subsequent playthroughs. Power converters and TE make GT much morepalate able because they remove a lot of those gates, Which is why I think ultimate was so successful.

Reactions: zorn

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Not trying to drub up old bickering, but I want to point out that I think there's plenty of blame to go around. No one side of the argument is correct, and no one side of the argument has been more vocal. The difference is that the pro-GT crowd had more direct proponents, where the anti-GT crowd resorted to veiled insults.

First you say there's blame on both sides and then you go and claime that one side has a bit more blame than the other. Nice way of keeping that old argument going!

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
First you say there's blame on both sides and then you go and claime that one side has a bit more blame than the other. Nice way of keeping that old argument going!

Way to not read what I said. I said the GT proponents tended towards direct insults in the same damn line.

example:
"Industrial Blast furnace is easy, you have to be an idiot to not be able to figure it out. Stop crying!"
Example2:
"Nerf stone pickaxes, they are overpowered."

Both of these have the same intention, to belittle the target. Neither is correct. One is indirect, but it doesn't make it right. Just because politicians use this BS doesn't make it OK.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Why you couldn't call an IC2 block "DESU"?
(My mind is falling me right now :p)
I think its something to do with Japanese. I don't understand japanese grammar and syntax but I believe it is some sort of suffix that is put after proper nouns, iirc it might mean "I am". I have heard people say it along with a few other words very enthusiastically.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Way to not read what I said. I said the GT proponents tended towards direct insults in the same damn line.

Yes. Through which you're again generalizing the two groups and to top it all off impliying that one of the groups is atleast up front where the others "resort to veiled insults". Well guess what, the latter was in fact a veiled insult toward the latter group.

So you're nothing better, sorry. The best way to solve this issue is by not starting the same "group A versus group B" polarization again, there are no two groups and there is no black and white.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Through which you're again generalizing the two groups and to top it all off impliying that one of the groups is atleast up front where the others "resort to veiled insults". Well guess what, the latter was in fact a veiled insult toward the latter group.

So you're nothing better, sorry. The best way to solve this issue is by not starting the same "group A versus group B" polarization again, there are no two groups and there is no black and white.

If you took it as an insult, that's your own problem. Both methods are wrong, that was the only point of the post, and it was in response to someone fingering the blame at a specific group of people. The point of the post was to inform people that snark and sarcasm is the same thing as being crass and direct. It is about intention, not presentation. They are two sides of the same coin and should be treated as such, and my post in no way was meant to condemn people opposed to GT.