1.6.2 equivalent mod of OmniTools?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I like the gravisuite mod and advanced solars for that matter. The gravichestplate from gravisuite and the infinite energy block (quantum summit' or other) are really useful for creative mode testing and/or building, especially when you are combining the quantum generator with mekanism's uni cable so you can test mj systems for long periods of time.

I also like the gravitool but I haven't used it for awhile. I have found the force mitts to be a more practical hoe, and i tend towards MFR rubber these days. In 1.5xthe omniwrench works fine with IC2 so as nice as the gravitool is I haven't used it. I might still craft one though, in fact I will, because I plan on this being the last time I use Industrial craft in general unless Direwolf20 uses it in a lets play and I decide to play along. Therefore, I think I will at least try to use it properly in my current world (sans Gregtech).

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'd prefer to have "one wrench to rule them all," so I can save some space early on when I haven't gotten AE up and running. Lacking that, a Swiss Army Knife of some kind for tech tools would be incredibly handy. Just right click, and it'll search its inventory for whatever tool's best for the job, and the interaction's all done. But, the thing I miss the most is the Forge Lexicon. That thing, right there, was obscenely useful.

Though, I still think having tools take damage from simply moving machines around is absolutely moronic. For crafting with 'em, like you do with GT? Sure, that's perfectly fine. But, I shouldn't be penalized for being anal with machine placement. Some shit, ya just can't help!

Reactions: russjr08

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'd prefer to have "one wrench to rule them all," so I can save some space early on when I haven't gotten AE up and running. Lacking that, a Swiss Army Knife of some kind for tech tools would be incredibly handy. Just right click, and it'll search its inventory for whatever tool's best for the job, and the interaction's all done. But, the thing I miss the most is the Forge Lexicon. That thing, right there, was obscenely useful.

Though, I still think having tools take damage from simply moving machines around is absolutely moronic. For crafting with 'em, like you do with GT? Sure, that's perfectly fine. But, I shouldn't be penalized for being anal with machine placement. Some shit, ya just can't help!

MFR has a block called the Unifier, which does the same thing, except you can pump items in and out of it (Which I believe KL said the Lexicon would do the same in 1.6's version)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has a block called the Unifier, which does the same thing, except you can pump items in and out of it (Which I believe KL said the Lexicon would do the same in 1.6's version)
The unifier does not give you as much freedom of conversion. The unifier converts to a default selection unless you actually have the item you want to convert to already. If you wanted say a Tinkers construct nugget to trade with one of those villagers that want that SPECIFIC ID you cna becasue all nuggets turn in to either Gregs ones or TE's ones.

The Unifier still is the best for bulk conversions but the lexicon opened a few more options.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The unifier does not give you as much freedom of conversion. The unifier converts to a default selection unless you actually have the item you want to convert to already. If you wanted say a Tinkers construct nugget to trade with one of those villagers that want that SPECIFIC ID you cna becasue all nuggets turn in to either Gregs ones or TE's ones.

The Unifier still is the best for bulk conversions but the lexicon opened a few more options.
Also, I've yet to get any experimental builds of MFR to run on 1.6.2, which is what I'm currently using.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, I'm just using smarg's build, which works fine for me :O

I am skipping out on the Experimental MFR builds mostly because I would love to hear an opinion about it from PowerCrystals first. (Yes I know that MFR et al is Open Source, but still I would love to hear from the source developer on spin off versions first.)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, I'm just using smarg's build, which works fine for me :O
I have no idea what this "smarg's build" is, alas.

I am skipping out on the Experimental MFR builds mostly because I would love to hear an opinion about it from PowerCrystals first. (Yes I know that MFR et al is Open Source, but still I would love to hear from the source developer on spin off versions first.)
Quite wise, and tis probably the route I'm going to go, as well. Other developers may be just as good as PowerCrystals, but one can't deny that the one that would know the mod best is the man that made it, so I naturally trust him more than others to deliver a quality version of MFR.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what this "smarg's build" is, alas.

Quite wise, and tis probably the route I'm going to go, as well. Other developers may be just as good as PowerCrystals, but one can't deny that the one that would know the mod best is the man that made it, so I naturally trust him more than others to deliver a quality version of MFR.

Well with 1.6.2 / 1.6.4 versions of mods there has been a sharp rise in 'strange developments'. Thermal Expansion's delay & overhaul, Buildcraft's total power system overhaul, now a bootleg version of MineFactory Reloaded and Power Converters is being pushed out by someone else with who knows what changes in store. (Shrug) I'm mostly getting to the point where I just want the fallout to stop so I can play a stable modpack again, heh.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Well with 1.6.2 / 1.6.4 versions of mods there has been a sharp rise in 'strange developments'. Thermal Expansion's delay & overhaul, Buildcraft's total power system overhaul, now a bootleg version of MineFactory Reloaded and Power Converters is being pushed out by someone else with who knows what changes in store. (Shrug) I'm mostly getting to the point where I just want the fallout to stop so I can play a stable modpack again, heh.
Its like it was in the days of 1.3, no? Massive game changes, leading to massive mod changes. If I remember correctly, wasn't 1.3 around the time Atomic Stryker took over PowerCrystal's mods until the latter came back?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Its like it was in the days of 1.3, no? Massive game changes, leading to massive mod changes. If I remember correctly, wasn't 1.3 around the time Atomic Stryker took over PowerCrystal's mods until the latter came back?

Well this is all fairly new to me as I swung into the Minecraft Mod scene during the 1.4.x era, which is still relatively fresh in my mind. I toyed with RedPower2 machines and Equivalent Exchange 2 wrecked the economy of every server out there. Then 1.5.1 rolled out (followed very shortly by 1.5.2) and a mass number of 'older mods' just vanished, right along with their mod authors. After 1.5.2 had been out for a while and 1.6.2 was on the horizon, some of those mods started to come back but under the control of new names. Now it seems like a lot of the ones that came back shortly after 1.5.2 are set to vanish again just as 1.6.4 gets ironed out.

Its been a real rough year to say the least.

Reactions: mathjazz