[1.5.2] NumiRP

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have that fixed in 1.6.x to not mess up other peoples' configs but basically - you get the final ID by taking the one in config and adding 256 to it.

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have that fixed in 1.6.x to not mess up other peoples' configs but basically - you get the final ID by taking the one in config and adding 256 to it.

Final ID..which is..?
And also, by adding 256 as in adding like xxx+256 or xxx256?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Final ID..which is..?
And also, by adding 256 as in adding like xxx+256 or xxx256?

ID 1000 is what you start with.
NumiRP shifts that. So ingame, it's actually 1256.
To counteract that, you can take ID 1000 and remove 256 from it, so that NumiRP shifts it up 256, which would result in 1000.

1000 +256 = 1256
744 +256 = 1000

Reactions: dgdas9 and Numerios

scantrontb

Jul 29, 2019

you know, i've always wondered WHY the game shifts the id's like that... i tried looking but my search-fu is weak... are the 1-256 reserved for vanilla MC so any mods are required to be higher than that number to be used?

i'll be the first to admit that i'm not a coder so i don't have any clue as to how difficult it would be to add, but couldn't i don't know, Forge or maybe the launcher you use to start the game, make a database of all the id's used by the game, then when another mod gets added, it just tacks it's id's onto the end of this database? no matter what the id is inside the code of the mod itself, when it gets added to the game, it'll change, yes, but that way it will never conflict with anything inside the game itself?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
you know, i've always wondered WHY the game shifts the id's like that... i tried looking but my search-fu is weak... are the 1-256 reserved for vanilla MC so any mods are required to be higher than that number to be used?

i'll be the first to admit that i'm not a coder so i don't have any clue as to how difficult it would be to add, but couldn't i don't know, Forge or maybe the launcher you use to start the game, make a database of all the id's used by the game, then when another mod gets added, it just tacks it's id's onto the end of this database? no matter what the id is inside the code of the mod itself, when it gets added to the game, it'll change, yes, but that way it will never conflict with anything inside the game itself?

I'm not the one to speak, having never made a mod, but I think that it's to stop stupid people trying to put machine blocks in place of dirt in the world gen. 1-256 is reserved for world gen. Certain mods bypass that limit and can put their world gen in the block ID range. (4096)

CJoker3221

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed that the Marble doesn't break as fast as it was before, did you leave it like that or planning to change it? :eek:

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
NumiRP is now on 1.1 for MC1.5 (sorry it took so long).
It adds gem tools for turtles and it has many other fixes (look at the commit's description for changelog).

I'd like to have it on MC1.6 within this week.

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

Sketaful

Jul 29, 2019
What've happened to you? Just that the last post was so "within..." and then nothing.
I just ask because posts like this make me worried. I don't use this mod anymore, I just checked in because I went through a couple of forums so this is no "you're taking to long" post, it's a I hope you are alive and well -post.