[1.5.2] NumiRP

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
As I said before, I do not want to recreate all of RP2 stuff. There are lots of overcomplicated or just outright stupid and today unnecessary things in it.
This is just the first version of the mod and I do not intend to copy all the features from RP2.
Come to see this mod two-three months later. It'll be either non-existent or with many new things :)
Then perhaps you should have released it in two to three months.

As it is, someone less knowledgeable about code would have simply assumed that you jacked the worldgen code from RP2, which is kinda what this feels like from an end-user perspective. Want to do something big? What to make a name for yourself? Do something of your own, not a copy of someone else's.

Reactions: RedBoss

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
Then perhaps you should have released it in two to three months.

As it is, someone less knowledgeable about code would have simply assumed that you jacked the worldgen code from RP2, which is kinda what this feels like from an end-user perspective. Want to do something big? What to make a name for yourself? Do something of your own, not a copy of someone else's.

Currently (in this version) its only purpose is to replace the world generation for the people that need it. Nothing more.
And yes, if I wanted to do "the next big thing", It'd be original. This, however, in this version is not the case. At this stage, the mod is just a utility.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
This is... less than useless.

No it's not and it's a pretty dumb statement because everyone with an IQ higher than that of the average carrot understands this mod can help people transition to a 1.5+ pack that doesn't have RP2. If you now would remove RP2 from an existing world there would be huge gaps where marble and basalt used to be. So no, this mod is not 'useless' at all. Try to cover up your personal opinions a bit better next time.[DOUBLEPOST=1370294302][/DOUBLEPOST]
Currently (in this version) its only purpose is to replace the world generation for the people that need it. Nothing more.

Don't bother. He's being an ass on purpose. Seems some people on these boards think that just because they've been around here for a while can get away with being a jackass.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
No it's not and it's a pretty dumb statement because everyone with an IQ higher than that of the average carrot understands this mod can help people transition to a 1.5+ pack that doesn't have RP2. If you now would remove RP2 from an existing world there would be huge gaps where marble and basalt used to be. So no, this mod is not 'useless' at all. Try to cover up your personal opinions a bit better next time.
However, you still have the problem with all of the actually important parts of the mod vanishing. Worldgen is a minor nuisance and easily obtainable, just make a Mystcraft age. Losing hours of design work in a build with tubes and machines? Much more important.

Don't bother. He's being an ass on purpose. Seems some people on these boards think that just because they've been around here for a while can get away with being a jackass.
Dear Mr. Kettle. I would like to comment upon your sable hue. Sincerely, Pot.

Reactions: RedBoss

Fighter777

Jul 29, 2019
nice job, i follow your mod and wait the next features with machines maybe ;)

i don't want wait 6 month / 1 year for RP2

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
However, you still have the problem with all of the actually important parts of the mod vanishing. Worldgen is a minor nuisance and easily obtainable, just make a Mystcraft age.

Huge holes where marble and basalt used to be is a minor nuisance for you? If you're still using RP for your sorting systems that's your decision. When we moved to the new world we decided to ditch RP in favor of AE for our community center (the old one had a huge RP based setup) and that solved our performance issues. The main problem is that some people unfortunately still decided to use marble and basalt in their builds.

Reactions: Geometry

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
However, you still have the problem with all of the actually important parts of the mod vanishing. Worldgen is a minor nuisance and easily obtainable, just make a Mystcraft age. Losing hours of design work in a build with tubes and machines? Much more important.
Yes, you actually have that problem. Yet you can't remake the machines in the way they were before (in RP2) so they'd break anyway.
This mod is for people who do not want to lose their blocks from RP:World.And I'm just giving people the tools. Use them or not, I don't really care.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you actually have that problem. Yet you can't remake the machines in the way they were before (in RP2) so they'd break anyway.
This mod is for people who do not want to lose their blocks from RP:World.And I'm just giving people the tools. Use them or not, I don't really care.

I just want to reiterate what I said before: It's really wonderful that you spend your valuable free time to make something like this available for the people who want to use it to migrate their world to 1.5 and later. Thanks a lot!

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if you considered adding basalt/marble to the dictionary, so we could do stuff like make dusts with it in gregtech XD

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
Releasing the full (1.0.0) version including lamps and wool cards.
This mod will also be 100% compatible with Eloraams and my own concepts will be in a different mod.
NumiRP is by this moment only a worldgen and lighting replacement tool and it will stay as such. (I'll keep updating it, but no incompatible features)
If you want to see more about my original mod, look at my github page :)

Reactions: Alex Cubed

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
Aww yiss, wool cards and lamps. Torch free house here I come(again).

EDIT: Can't break lamps with Pickaxe(takes as long as fists) and also drops a white lamp instead of the correct color.
EDIT 2: Oh boy, sickles are breaking after a single use.

Looking into these bugs, thanks for discovering them!

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed all the bugs found by Alex Cubed (thank you very much for discovering these! :)) and released a 1.0.1 version.
If there are any more bugs, please report them so I can have a look at them.

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
Silk Touch is a valid enchant for the Sickle, but doesn't seem to do anything like give leaf blocks or grass or vines. Just gives normal drops like saplings, apples, and seeds.

Okay, noted as a lower priority bug, thanks for help, much obliged :)

I was wondering if you considered adding basalt/marble to the dictionary, so we could do stuff like make dusts with it in gregtech XD
Noted, I'll try to add another layer of OreDictionary things to ensure mod cross-compatibility.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is useful, if it uses the same ID matrix, as RP2 for further replacement.
If not - there is no point then to install.

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is useful, if it uses the same ID matrix, as RP2 for further replacement.
If not - there is no point then to install.

It is in fact metadata compatible :)
(for example my basalt paver has got the same metadata)
You can assign the IDs in RP2 config later yourself.