[1.4.7][FTB] Feed the Beast, Save the Villagers - unofficial map - ONLINE, v1.94

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I have been playing the map off and on for a couple months now, and I just passed the twilight forest point, and I am loving the map so far, but the Nether villager never showed up. the so-called "burnt one." I hope he didn't have anything too necessary. I even went as far as to go to the behind the scenes area to see if he didn't get deployed, but he did, and just didn't make it I guess. Also, you left generate structures disabled. Because of that setting, no dungeons spawn in the twilight forest, making the epic journey section impossible. I went into NBTEdit and changed the setting on my save, then reloaded my twilight forest, and everything generated just fine. Now I have to use my several stacks of UU I have been accumulating to make some nifty power armour. Cheers!

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
Loving this map so far but i've come across a couple of problems. The villager that sells ghast tears never showed up, so I went looking for him and he made it through his portal but never came out the other side. I downloaded the map to go have a look from scratch so I could cheat some in and throw away to make the appropriate trade, I crashed when I talked to him and it looked like the input side was blank so not sure you set up something for us to trade for them in the first place. And besides the fact that I'm having a lot of trouble working up the nerve to take on making a High Voltage solar without AE or logistics pipes or fabricators I'm having a lot of fun but am stumped on one part;

Where do you find melons for the potion of healing??

Just remembered my other question ... how do you get wither skulls??

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Loving this map so far but i've come across a couple of problems. The villager that sells ghast tears never showed up, so I went looking for him and he made it through his portal but never came out the other side. I downloaded the map to go have a look from scratch so I could cheat some in and throw away to make the appropriate trade, I crashed when I talked to him and it looked like the input side was blank so not sure you set up something for us to trade for them in the first place. And besides the fact that I'm having a lot of trouble working up the nerve to take on making a High Voltage solar without AE or logistics pipes or fabricators I'm having a lot of fun but am stumped on one part;

Where do you find melons for the potion of healing??

Just remembered my other question ... how do you get wither skulls??
I apparently beat the map (?) and how I got melons was by cross-breeding reeds with reeds using IC2 crops. I looked at the turtles underground and saw one that gave you some melon, but it never came up for me. The map is rather broken in several places, but I still had a blast with it. Nether stars actually never came up for me, but I'm sure if I had continued on it would have Also, for the HV solar panel, make the MV's one at a time, and eventually get up to eight. I find MVs easier to gather resources for, as you need a stack of everything that goes into a solar panel.

Anyways, I think blekota needs to call an exterminator to clean out this map of all the bugs. Computers getting stuck he can't do much about, you just have to manually reset them due to a computercraft thing, nothing to do with the native code. The bugs/problems I noticed are:
  • overseer tells me about the villagers I have saved every time I log in.
  • Map ends too early, with the chief coming back before I finished the challenges and released all the villagers,
  • generate structures is set to false, so the epic journey challenge is impossible.
  • "the burnt one" never showed up. I don't know what the deal is with him, but he never showed.
  • There is no aura, making charging tools and any sort of thaumaturgy both without risk and very annoying to do. The aura presents you with consequences for your actions in the form of flux, and running back to the village to recharge your wand(s) every time you use them is too much of a chore, as well as much quicker than it would be in a regular world if you can fly or have a portalgun.
  • This is not really an issue, but it would be nice if there was more sections in charge me up, like for blutricity, factorization energy, or MJ.
  • There is no section for applied energistics or xycraft. I would especially like to have applied energistics, as I had two diamond chests full of random junk, as well as several iron chests full of more junk scattered around my platform, and it would have been great to have all my junk sitting in one easily accessible block with wireless access points scattered all over the place.
  • Villagers were getting additional trades, which I assume is unintended. One thing that prevents that is making the final trade an end portal for an end portal. The inaccessible trade stopes the villager from acquiring more.
  • at one point in the map, monsters started falling from the spawn ship, killing my villagers. :(
I spent a lot of time playing this map and I freaking adored it. It is a bit buggy, but still a great map besides.

Tomalla

Jul 29, 2019
For the HV Solar Array I've set up a little "factory" using BC autocrafting tables. I just need to supply it with resources and everything is being created automatically.
And melons? Transmute them using pumpkins :) And pumpkins are a rather frequent drop from scrap boxes. I've recently built a machine automatically disposing scrap boxes ( 1 scrap box for 3-5seconds ) and it hasn't been long when I got 12 pumpkins and few emeralds. It's also a good source of netherrack ( over half of the stack ). And 8 cakes! Woot!

Yes, I really miss Xycraft in the map. Fabricators, soil blocks and whatnot might really come in handy.
The lack of aura nodes is indeed tiresome. It'd be totally fine though if we got Silverwood saplings to breed nodes ourselves.

The progress I'm making is not really spectacular but I want to make sure. When the rules state not to use any ages, does it allow you to use Twilight Forest dimension?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
For the HV Solar Array I've set up a little "factory" using BC autocrafting tables. I just need to supply it with resources and everything is being created automatically.
And melons? Transmute them using pumpkins :) And pumpkins are a rather frequent drop from scrap boxes. I've recently built a machine automatically disposing scrap boxes ( 1 scrap box for 3-5seconds ) and it hasn't been long when I got 12 pumpkins and few emeralds. It's also a good source of netherrack ( over half of the stack ). And 8 cakes! Woot!

Yes, I really miss Xycraft in the map. Fabricators, soil blocks and whatnot might really come in handy.
The lack of aura nodes is indeed tiresome. It'd be totally fine though if we got Silverwood saplings to breed nodes ourselves.

The progress I'm making is not really spectacular but I want to make sure. When the rules state not to use any ages, does it allow you to use Twilight Forest dimension?
Trust me, you'll know when to enter the twilight forest. ;P Also, silverwood saplings would be absolutely useless without an aura. From my experience with silverwoods in auraless worlds, the tree will not grow. Ever. Even with the hoe of growth. There is an option to retrogen sura nodes, but that would generate every node right next to the void. One option would be to grow some nodes around, like on top of the beast, in the village, and on the skyblock.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
So which version do i use now.. it doesn't really help when the OP doesn't say any specific version and all answers from may or something go "use latest" :p

Blekota

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry to all that had any issues with the map.
Yes there were some bugs, but many of them was coused by updating mods.

RIght know, i cant tell what version of DW's old pack you have to use to play this map.

To sum this up, this map is quite old now, but i try to get it updated and debug. Thank you all for your bug reports ;)

Blekota

Jul 29, 2019
  • overseer tells me about the villagers I have saved every time I log in
    • U must be using wrong version of mod pack (info about MC version and MOD pack version will be add into main post)
  • Map ends too early, with the chief coming back before I finished the challenges and released all the villagers,
    • Also must be issue with version mismatch
  • generate structures is set to false, so the epic journey challenge is impossible.
    • Fix will be relased, thx for info
  • "the burnt one" never showed up. I don't know what the deal is with him, but he never showed.
    • again, version mismatch, during betatesting, all mechanics worked fine
  • There is no aura, making charging tools and any sort of thaumaturgy both without risk and very annoying to do. The aura presents you with consequences for your actions in the form of flux, and running back to the village to recharge your wand(s) every time you use them is too much of a chore, as well as much quicker than it would be in a regular world if you can fly or have a portalgun.
    • u can fly
  • This is not really an issue, but it would be nice if there was more sections in charge me up, like for blutricity, factorization energy, or MJ.
    • ill thing about it in new map im working on
  • There is no section for applied energistics or xycraft. I would especially like to have applied energistics, as I had two diamond chests full of random junk, as well as several iron chests full of more junk scattered around my platform, and it would have been great to have all my junk sitting in one easily accessible block with wireless access points scattered all over the place.
    • the mod pack for which this map was created dont have AE and XyCraft version in thic pack doesn not have any machines
  • Villagers were getting additional trades, which I assume is unintended. One thing that prevents that is making the final trade an end portal for an end portal. The inaccessible trade stopes the villager from acquiring more.
    • u dont have to make any aditional trades, everything u r supoused to have u will recieve
  • at one point in the map, monsters started falling from the spawn ship, killing my villagers. :(
    • what was the pooint?
I spent a lot of time playing this map and I freaking adored it. It is a bit buggy, but still a great map besides.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
U must be using wrong version of mod pack (info about MC version and MOD pack version will be add into main post)
The correct versions should have been there from the start.
u can fly
That's not the point. What I was trying to say is putting a node somewhere would both add instability effects, causing you to have to be careful with your thaumaturgy, as well as allow your wands to recharge wherever, and grant access to the portable hole, which becomes entirely useless after the first few uses. There is also the repair enchant, which is completely useless on this map.
ill thing about it in new map im working on
OOH! you're working on a new map? color me excited.
u dont have to make any aditional trades, everything u r supoused to have u will recieve
Again, not the point. The point was the villagers that are supposed to give you unobtainable resources also give you random, minecraft-generated trades. It's just kind of ugly having the extra trades there, so the unavailable trade would block any future, unintended trades.
what was the pooint?
The point was I had a pen with villagers in it, with a step over the wall so I could get in. All of a sudden, they started getting eaten by zombies that fell off of the ship, and i actually gotten killed by a dive-bombing creeper falling off of it. Basically, monsters are spawning on the spawn ship (the ship that you spawn on) and falling off onto your platform, causing (presumably) unintended monsters.

I am going to go ahead and replay the map with the proper versions now. Hopefully it will behave a bit better this time.

Blekota

Jul 29, 2019
MC version and mod pack version required to play this map was added into main topic. Also list of known bugs and fix for 1.94 version of map.