Closed 1.2.1: Some biomes do not appear

cottonsocks

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Some biomes do not seem to generate at all in the overworld.
Cannot give a complete list of which do not generate but some that should have (through biome weighting) clearly do not. From observation, any biome that should contain snow does not generate besides Extreme Hills and possibly sub-biomes. Other biomes with lower weights have generated multiple times, however.

I have not seen ANY Arctic, Alps, Frost Forest, Glacier, or Snowy Coniferous Forest.

Mod & Version:
BiomesOPlenty-1.7.10-2.1.0.1067-universal

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
"/tp ~400 ~0 ~0" or similar a few dozen times.

Known Fix:

Last edited:

xenomjay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 1.2.1 either. Magical Forest doesn't seem to appear on my server too. Biome weight is ok though. Travelled about 3k in each direction without finding any "cold" biome or Magical Forest.

cottonsocks

Jul 29, 2019
I am greatly mistaken. Apparently cold biomes will generate together on entire continents, which I was not aware of. It was unfortunately over 25 km² of exploration later that I came across one.

xenomjay: I have had Magical Forests generate.

xenomjay

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting: last evening I travelled from -5k to +5k WE and SN but saw neither glacier (or similar biome) nor Magical Forest. So I created a whole new world and voila several magical forests near spawn and a huge snowy continent. Does that make sense?