1.14 Hype

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I saw some videos on 1.14 and I dislike the stuff about off-hand and the removal of placing blocks, but other than that it looks awesome. The new ocean biomes and mechanics sound good. It kinda feels like they're taking note from modded, with different trapdoors and pressure plates.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Jeb_ confirmed that the off hand nerf wasn't coming in 1.14, and Lilly won't come at all, according to feedback

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
None, unless you're interested in the new ocean biomes (warm and cold), dolphins, kelp, coral, shipwrecks and the fact that you'll be able to see the fish you've been catching and put them into an aquarium...

I'm waiting for an Aquatic mod that shows you all the other things you've been catching (boots. spellbooks, saddles, etc.) in their natural environment :rolleyes::D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can't be bothered to get hyped about anything beyond 1.12 right now. I'd kinda like to see the modding community just forget that new minecraft versions are a thing, and settle nomadically on 1.12.2 for at least a year beyond now before moving on.

With the added benefit that it might be easier for modders to agree on a sensible "next big modding version". The present situation is a nightmare.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I can't be bothered to get hyped about anything beyond 1.12 right now. I'd kinda like to see the modding community just forget that new minecraft versions are a thing, and settle nomadically on 1.12.2 for at least a year beyond now before moving on.

With the added benefit that it might be easier for modders to agree on a sensible "next big modding version". The present situation is a nightmare.
I've been feeling for a couple of months that 1.12 might be the big stopping point for a while, and I think that's a fair call. I hope its the case.

I honestly think that we might actually be on the cusp of a new great era. As well as many older mods being refreshed with some awesome new stuff added (thinking Thermal suite and IE here), we've also got some great newer mods taking up the reins like Astral Sorcery and Actually Additions. We really are spoilt for choice, and its getting better.

(He said, optimistically.)

Reactions: Pyure

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The only future thing in Minecraft that I'm looking forward to is the Super Duper Graphics pack. I think a built-in, efficient shader would be pretty cool. If/when mods catch up and sit there for a while, I'll be pretty happy. But, that's probably literally at least a year away, if not longer.

1.12 should just go ahead and turn into the new 1.7 for a good, long while. It's a pretty solid base. If you want to see fish, add Mo' Creatures. You can even ride the dolphins.

Reactions: Hambeau and Pyure

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Like I said in my post above, fish, kelp and coral don't do anything for me... I want to see where the weird stuff you get when fishing actually comes from. I mean, is Aquaman down there fishing for chickens and losing enchanted rods? Maybe the saddles fall off of dolphins? Are there underwater libraries with enchanted books?

Dammit, Bones! I want answers! :D

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0