[1.10.2] Simply Magic 2 [Magic][Quest Tutorials][Light]

Don

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd give this a try, I have never really been into magic mods, except for botania, but that was just a regrowth stage in my life. I've played for a couple hours now. Botania flowers seem to be on the edge of being too rare, it took me 90 minutes of wandering in forest and plains type biomes to find only 5 Mystical White flowers. I also noticed in that time that Battletowers are way way way too common. At one point there were 7 in my view distance. The config has them at a minimal distance of 196 and it seems as though it spawns as soon as it can. I have changed my config to 512 to see if that is any better.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd give this a try, I have never really been into magic mods, except for botania, but that was just a regrowth stage in my life. I've played for a couple hours now. Botania flowers seem to be on the edge of being too rare, it took me 90 minutes of wandering in forest and plains type biomes to find only 5 Mystical White flowers. I also noticed in that time that Battletowers are way way way too common. At one point there were 7 in my view distance. The config has them at a minimal distance of 196 and it seems as though it spawns as soon as it can. I have changed my config to 512 to see if that is any better.

I've got to agree on this, on both points. Botania flowers are a touch too rare (I think they're being crowded out by other ground cover) and battle towers are strewn everywhere. Also, the magic bean pods seem way too common.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to agree on this, on both points. Botania flowers are a touch too rare (I think they're being crowded out by other ground cover) and battle towers are strewn everywhere. Also, the magic bean pods seem way too common.

Magic bean pods? The bean plants or the magic bean dungeon loot?

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
boy oh boy do i need that guide-/questbook :)
i dont even know half of the mods and thaumcraft got a mild rework.
i only find shards in caves or ravines now ? that kinda sucks pretty hard

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The thauminomicon is helpful for Thaumcraft

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
I can write a in game guide as a temp quest book for those that are incredibly new to magic mods. Basically just how to get to the mods book basically

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019

They're pretty common compared to the essence infused stone, and I like that they're a reason to go caving. Plus IIRC there's a crystal seed you can make to grow more now.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Vazkii is making a new mod with spell-guns based on an anime I can't remember the name of. Sounds cool in concept, but I don't know much about it other than that.

Heh, I had an idea of a kind-of magic-based mod where you're an illithid expy. The basic premise is that you're sort-of tied to your elder brain (a multiblock structure), which you need to feed so it can grow, which then unlocks new psi powers and upgrades. The main kicker is that, being an illithid, you're extremely weak by default and can't use any vanilla tools. The psi abilities you unlock would probably work similarly to

The brain would need both physical nutrients (from animals) and eventually intelligence to feed on (substituting villagers/emeralds and endermen/pearls).

It's really a rough draft at the moment and I have no modding skills anyway. It would also kind of work better as a PvPish mod, i.e. tech versus magic versus psi, where there'd be more options for intelligence-feeding and pressure again just making a village breeder farm.

Anyway, Vazkii's PSI mod doesn't sound very psionic to me. :p