[1.10.2] Simply Magic 2 [Magic][Quest Tutorials][Light]

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an interesting bug for you: trying to make Metalleat seeds in Thaumcraft 5 is currently impossible because adding anything that isn't an active ore for making native clusters to a crucible with Metallum and Ordo in it will result in a Silver Native Cluster. My best guess as to why is that there either IS no silver ore, or it's disabled in the configs somewhere. JEI shows the recipe as 1 Ordo, 1 Metallum, and the spot in the recipe where it shows what you are supposed to throw in is blank.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or thinking of the wrong mod, but I tried killing things with a bone and nothing happened.

Laruae

Jul 29, 2019
I've just gotta request that some of the amazing thaumcraft addons be ported once they're available. Gotten pretty used to gadomancy and automagy!

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm still getting the hang of it, but as it stands Psi looks like it is going to end up being the go-to utility tool for most things. I'm hesitant to say that it's overpowered at this stage because I haven't got enough experience with it, and don't have the high tier toys, but it's definitely going to throw off the balance and difficulty curve for early/mid game in most packs. Since SimplyMagic2 is going for more of a tutorial experience than a challenge I don't think it's *necessarily* a problem.

D

DeletedUser872346

Hello! Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but the moment I spawn in a new world there's either a tower with mobs flooding out or passive mobs attacking me. I can't progress at all. What am I doing wrong?

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but the moment I spawn in a new world there's either a tower with mobs flooding out or passive mobs attacking me. I can't progress at all. What am I doing wrong?

The towers are AtomicStryker's Battletowers. Get far away from them.

The homicidal passive mobs are demon posessed, if you kill one it'll spawn an evil red version from the corpse (which you have to then kill again.)

Simply put: it isn't that you're doing anything wrong, the world is just trying to bury you.

D

DeletedUser872346

The towers are AtomicStryker's Battletowers. Get far away from them.

The homicidal passive mobs are demon posessed, if you kill one it'll spawn an evil red version from the corpse (which you have to then kill again.)

Simply put: it isn't that you're doing anything wrong, the world is just trying to bury you.

It's pretty hard to get away from the Battletowers as they are seemingly always surrounding me. I can't get leather drops from cows because the demon version set them on fire and in my new world I've burnt down almost a whole forest and died over 50 times to a pig. Why is this enabled by default? Is this a hardcore pack?

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Wow.

I had to deal with a homicidal chicken, but that wasn't toooo bad. It shouldn't be ALL passive mobs, so you've either got terrible luck or there's something wrong with a config somewhere.

As far as the Battletowers go, as long as you stay about 15-20 blocks from the entrance you should be OK.

D

DeletedUser872346

Wow.

I had to deal with a homicidal chicken, but that wasn't toooo bad. It shouldn't be ALL passive mobs, so you've either got terrible luck or there's something wrong with a config somewhere.

As far as the Battletowers go, as long as you stay about 15-20 blocks from the entrance you should be OK.

The only mob I've seen that's not angry is sheep.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the "evil animal spawn rate" is in abyssalcraft.cfg. It should be set to 20 right now, but it sounds like you might want to dial it down to about a 5. You might also want to pop into BattleTowers.cfg and increase the minimum distance between towers and their minimum distance from spawn.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the "evil animal spawn rate" is in abyssalcraft.cfg. It should be set to 20 right now, but it sounds like you might want to dial it down to about a 5. You might also want to pop into BattleTowers.cfg and increase the minimum distance between towers and their minimum distance from spawn.
I might just do that now if we have not already

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably set the battle tower distance to 512, since it appears to just place them as often as it can. Haven't tinkered with the Abyssalcraft spawn rate yet, I only found it just now and I'm at work so I can't experiment with it. I'd say set it for 10 and see what we get?