[1.10.2]New Beginnings - Magic - Light - Skyblock

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
i use a standard small mobtower with those spike-plates from evilcraft.
kinda works, but it's pretty slow since you cant really push the mobs towards the tunnel (yes, water, but i want endermen too).

M

MCHypeTrain

Just a standard 1-wide mob room. AFK fishing 25 block from there and there's a ton mob waiting to be killed.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
is the creatin of botania runes kinda bugged ? whenever i craft one of the higher tier ones (where you need tier1 runes) i get those tier1 runes back.
i dont think that is supposed to happen !?

Pokedev

Jul 29, 2019
is the creatin of botania runes kinda bugged ? whenever i craft one of the higher tier ones (where you need tier1 runes) i get those tier1 runes back.
i dont think that is supposed to happen !?
That is intended behavior. Other runes are used as catalysts so aren't used in the process. It's been there since 1.7.10. read the Lexica Botania!

Sent from my Micromax A106 using Tapatalk

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
This pack has been updated to 1.10.2. Some mods were dropped and ID's may conflict so you *MAY* lose progress or your world. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SAVE IF YOU USE AN OLD WORLD.

Ardor

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible for a changelist for what mods were dropped?

So far, i love this modpack. Favorite 1.9+ modpack yet.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, loving the ideas in this pack. Was going to record a let's play (my first!), but my recording software has stopped working (please buy premium version to use "this feature", AKA screencapturing, LOL), and my computer is such a toaster that the max resolution would have been 420p anyways.

Still, this is my first 1.9 pack, and since my computer is, as mentioned above, a toaster, having a lite skyblock pack is awesome for me. I'm still in the early stages, getting my first flowers set up, but I can't wait to get to the Terrain Crystals, and to all the other mods. :)

Edit: Though I would not have removed Inventory Tweaks; Chisel is a much better candidate IMO, as it's sole purpose is decorative blocks, which is purely lag for decoration's sake.

PhyscoKillerMonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Found a bug with Chest Minecarts seeming to think they are look Chest Minecarts and spawning in a different set of loot each time they are opened. Seems that this is a long standing issue (https://github.com/DrasticDemise/New-Beginnings/issues/4). This makes Chest Minecarts un-usable. Is this a known issue?

Image:
31af3604-250f-11e6-83ec-40dfdd7b8e69.png

M

MCHypeTrain

yes. this make it unusable. but actually, it's pretty cheap iron/blood/gold resource for an early game.

G

Genobee

Cheap but completely cheaty :) It's a shame because the pack felt pretty solid up to this point, I was about to make an auto-mana farm and stumbled across the bug.
auto mana farm how ?

side note update to the latest version and this bug goes away

Last edited:

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious what a couple mods do for this pack.
Like Reborn Core; it claims to do nothing on it's own, and I don't think any mods in the pack have dependencies on it.
h2nt-Asm Tweaks, h3nt-Common Utils, and h3nt-Mappings don't have any descriptions, just a link to github where there's a bunch of code and no readme or similar explanation.
Mouse Tweaks is a hassle to me. Does anyone else experience frustration with what it does to right-clicking on recipes? when I just want to place one thing in the grid, but in multiple places on the grid, Mouse Tweaks dumps extras on the grid and I wind up miscounting.

I don't often find myself using the quark-sorting methods, though I do like the other things it uses. While I would leave it in, I don't think it would interfere with Inventory Tweaks, and would like that returned if it's compatible with the minecraft version still.

Also, I've been experiencing a bug when trying to place cobblestone slabs; sometimes randomly they'll instead place a "hellbark wood slab", which has no texture and therefor uses the purple and black whole-brick thingy.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Has aura cascade been removed from the pack? I can't seem to find it in JEI. Also: Is there anyway to double ores other than tinkers?

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Has aura cascade been removed from the pack? I can't seem to find it in JEI. Also: Is there anyway to double ores other than tinkers?

Still seems to be there on the Curse pack, don't know about the one on FTB. And it does provide ore doubling (and tripling). Are you searching for @Aura in JEI?