[1.10.2]New Beginnings - Magic - Light - Skyblock

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
As for flight methods, there are some Psi "sky bridge" type spells.

Pokedev

Jul 29, 2019
Ender Dragon is supposed to be killed with vanilla gear, so no wonder Botania boss is stronger.
Though, in 1.8 even Gaia was easy, if you stack enough buffs from potions and beacons. But I have heard some of potion effects were nerfed in 1.9
But in order to go to end I need to kill Gaiya guardian! Are you sure that's alright? :3

Sent from my Micromax A106 using Tapatalk

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Depends what sort of flight you want, theres the rod of the air and the air sigil from bloodmagic but they arent like creative fight mode

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Depends what sort of flight you want, theres the rod of the air and the air sigil from bloodmagic but they arent like creative fight mode

I've used the air sigil and the phantom sigil to kill a HEE Dragon successfully. A different way of flying. But no idea if the phantom sigil works the same in the new blood magic

Also, a question: does this pack have changelogs? I can't find anything on the 1.0.3 version

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
If dynamic lighting is installed it creates huge lag in the nether, not sure if it is in this version, but it was in the one i was playing before it became sky lands. Disabling it helped my lag problem.

Indeed, disabling dynamic lighting resolved my nether lag issue.

I used a terrain crystal for the first time and now my spawned blazes disappear/despawn. I had four of them since early game that didn't despawn between multiple nether trips etc. and the only new thing is I used the plains terrain crystal, not near the blaze spawning area btw, and they only hang around for a few minutes.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the ftb launcher, disabled, loaded world, closed, and enabled FastLeafDecay and it didn't change anything. Did you remove the mod from the mods folder or?

Edit: I removed the included version of FastLeafDecay and downloaded straight from curse and it still doesn't work. Dunno.

Edit again: Found the issue. The version of FastLeafDecay included in the pack is for Minecraft 1.9.4.

@DrasticDemise Please replace the version of FastLeafDecay currently in the pack with version FastLeafDecay-1.9-1.6 so it will work. Thanks.

Also, @DrasticDemise, the FastLeafDecay you are using is from Lumien231, http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225839-fast-leaf-decay and not from Olafskii.
Lumien removed fast leaf decay from random things and made a separate mod for it. It just needs to be the correct version (1.9) to work.

Reactions: BaileyH and Pokedev
G

Genobee

you guys do know you can add it your self by editing the pack on git hub

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Why is DeepResonance in the pack? AFAIK there's no machines that require RF energy?
A lot of mods and configs included are temporary and tests. Currently I believe there is no way to obtain the crystals either. I had planned for tech to be gated behind Deep Resonance power gen, but mod tweaker is not supported and ported so there is no way to add the methods I had planned.

Pokedev

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of mods and configs included are temporary and tests. Currently I believe there is no way to obtain the crystals either. I had planned for tech to be gated behind Deep Resonance power gen, but mod tweaker is not supported and ported so there is no way to add the methods I had planned.
Are you planning to add any big tech mods? It'd be good if you update the pack to 1.9.4 as most modders are making mods for that also existing saves will be unarmed!

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe but I'll probably skip thaumcraft even if it's added. It's just a pain everytime scanning all the stuff. Too grindy.

The 1.9 Thaumcraft is no longer the scan all the things game. You get a set number of aspects for each research which will be enough to unlock it, and you only need to scan certain items to unlock new research

H

harrisosfp

I've made a server for this pack by using the files and then a singleplayer world to get the spawn right, but, it seems to be really laggy with the 1.9 minecraft server and forge files. Any tips?

M

MCHypeTrain

Whenever I placed Box of Eternal Closure from EvilCraft, the game crashed. Someone has similar problem?

M

MCHypeTrain

Well, that explain it. Anyway, I also has the same problem with Compacting Drawer. Unfortunately, can't recover the saves after placing it. So I never use it.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
am i missing something ? i killed a couple of blazes already, not a single blaze rod yet.
getting 2 rods feels pretty frustrating, since they are needed for the alchemy catalyst.
at the moment im just chilling in my camp, waiting for spiders to fall down the mobtower to craft even more fel pumpkins.
dont know, not really exciting.

Pokedev

Jul 29, 2019
am i missing something ? i killed a couple of blazes already, not a single blaze rod yet.
getting 2 rods feels pretty frustrating, since they are needed for the alchemy catalyst.
at the moment im just chilling in my camp, waiting for spiders to fall down the mobtower to craft even more fel pumpkins.
dont know, not really exciting.
You're definitely missing something. Fel pumpkin blazes don't drop rods. You need to kill real blaze in the nether fortress to get rod. There's one nearby.