1.1.7 unleashed changelog?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThePoet444

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure it's just bug fixes but just in case there's new mods added I'd like to know before updating. Any clue when the changelog will be posted?

Thanks for all the hard work everyone puts into this! :)

Reactions: mikegamingtube

Snowidk

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Where is it, I need it in order to see whether they have make of the bugs. Right now we are only waiting for the changelog

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
i already moved to it
tinkers and biblio still dont play nice when you stick a tool in a shelf.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing has been posted because Vike has to write the changelogs... He doesn't work 24/7 on changelogs, and I'm pretty sure it's quite late where he is.

Reactions: xbony2

Snowidk

Jul 29, 2019
I will give you an advice. wait to throw update out before changelogs are made. Many of us who have server. changelogs are very important.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not the person to suggest that to, I'd suggest you talk to people that work on the packs (Mod pack team, Slow, etc.). Also, how can Vike make changelogs if the pack is not available?

ThePoet444

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that things take time, however if you've done the work to update the modpack doing the change log at the same time makes sense. In theory you write down what you changed in the pack at the same time you actually modify the files you'll have a changelog you can release at the time of the pack. If one person is updating the pack and hands it off to someone else who has to go through it to make the change log, that's very inefficient, slow and frankly, stupid. Still, as I said I'm sure it's just bug fixes. I'll wait for the changelog to make certain though. :)

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Cant find the changelogs still, have they been posted here yet?
Would rather not update without them?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If you go read reddit :mad: Vikestep posted there :mad: (not here) that he wasn't even aware there had been a release.... seems FTB's arm and legs are not on the same person anymore (i've got that impression for a while now).

ThePoet444

Jul 29, 2019
I'm one of those rare people who don't visit Reddit and have this weird thought that FTB info should be on the FTB forums.

I'll say again, the fact that whoever updates the files doesn't provide a change log at the same time is silly.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
"Rare" people? I don't think they're quite as rare as you think they are ;) I never got into reddit either, despite multiple attempts. I mean, I'm all for communities that attempt to filter the junk out from the useful content. But the layout is awkward, trying to monitor updates to threads that interest you is awkward, the way that thread titles can link you offsite without prior warning violates a whole handful of security best practices, and the much-vaulted voting function gets abused on a regular basis by people who have no idea what it's meant for.

And I honestly think it's not the most polite nor respectful of actions toward the community if the maintainers of said community seclude themselves away into a place that is not affiliated with the community's own internet presence in any way, shape or form.

But that's not really the topic of this thread. The fact remains that any non-recommended builds are test releases and should not be considered stable, complete or properly documented. If they were all of these things, then they would gain recommended status.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
It does seem a bit strange, to me at least, that new (unofficial) versions of Unleashed keep being added in the launcher, while there is complete silence on the news page.

Just to be perfectly clear - I'm not expecting the maintainers to post their diaries here on a regular basis or anything. But maybe someone who is more "in the know" than us mere mortals could be given permissions to add something to the news page every once in a while. Just a line or two about what is happening and what isn't, would be great. Thanks!

ThePoet444

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that the unofficial/non-recommended/whatever isn't "live". It is however put on the launcher for testing. Presumably. So given that it's there in the launcher means someone somewhere wants us to play it. Personally, I'm not testing/playing it until I know what's changed. I like my world. I don't want to mess it up yet. That being said. How hard is it for the person who updates the files to say, I added this, deleted this, modified these, and hopefully it should work. The fact that it takes someone else not connected to the files directly to go through and list what's changed (which admittedly if I wasn't lazy I probably could do as well) is highly ridiculous. Whoever is updating the files is the one who should be listing what's changed, even if they email it to someone else to have them post it to the forums.

I'm starting to think it was pushed to the launcher before it was intended to be. Either that or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I'm inclined to think both.

Reactions: nikkolaus

ThePoet444

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Captain! I appreciate it. Also, if you need help with this in the future let me know. Being a stay at home dad gives me free time. :)