Open 1.1.0: Updating server losing ability to join islands

D

DogCatFish

Version:

What is the bug:
When updating and carrying over the world folder, you are no longer able to join your previously created islands.

Mod & Version:
FTBIsland

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, update the server and copy over the world and local folders.

Known Fix:
In the previous version if you copied over your local folder as well you were able to join the islands, however in the newest version this no longer works. You could also use the /island create command and it would start a new island where your old one is allowing you to teleport but now it spawns a new island very far away. EDIT: Using the /island rename command seems to have fixed the issue maybe it was because my previous island name had a capital.

Last edited:

Lone Lycan

Jul 29, 2019
In v1.1.0, the island data is still being stored in (serverroot)\minecraft\local\islands.ser,
outside of the world directory (where it really shouldn't be since it's directly related to the world)
You still need to bring this file over to the new server along with your world directory

make sure to copy this file before launching the server, not while the server is running

D

DogCatFish

In v1.1.0, the island data is still being stored in (serverroot)\minecraft\local\islands.ser,
outside of the world directory (where it really shouldn't be since it's directly related to the world)
You still need to bring this file over to the new server along with your world directory

make sure to copy this file before launching the server, not while the server is running

Yes I went over this in my post. The issue is that even after copying that over I was unable to join my island due to previously being allowed to use capitals for island names. The fix was to rename my island, hopefully in the future they move that over to the world folder.