Open 1.1.0: Forestry Saplings and Leaves Cannot be Composted

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Saplings and Leaves from Forestry trees including Vanilla variants like Apple Oak cannot be composted in a barrel.

Mod & Version:
Forestry, Ex Nihilo

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's one of the major drawbacks of the forestry farm. It automatically converts them in to its own saplings. This leads to incompatibilities or unexpected behavior.

Was playing Regrowth and found out that any vanilla style sapling farmed from a Forestry farm will produce Foul Fumes in Witchery witches ovens rather then their sapling specific tree type fume.

Might wanna use other farming methods in the meanwhile. Chances are barrels don't recognize the saplings as compostable.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft forestry saplings back into normal oak saplings in a crafting grid. It is also automatable with your favorite, or most convenient, auto-crafting technique.

Personally I use a transfer node with a world interaction upgrade attached to a crafting table with the sapling barrel behind it. Nice since it uses no power.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can craft forestry saplings back into normal oak saplings in a crafting grid. It is also automatable with your favorite, or most convenient, auto-crafting technique.

Personally I use a transfer node with a world interaction upgrade attached to a crafting table with the sapling barrel behind it. Nice since it uses no power.
Which pack? Tried that in regrowth and that didn't work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk