1.1.0: DW20 1.1.1 - Open Blocks book crashes game - Client only

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Client only because I can't connect to the server I built. :/
Edit: Server survives, but client crashes. Nothing on the server side shows up. I see that I connect, and then disconnect.

Brand new install of 1.1.1. Brand new world. Starting with the red World Domination with OpenBlocks book, right-clicking produces an IMMEDIATE client crash.

http://pastebin.com/Bhbv6icF

paste.feed-the-beast.com gives me a gateway error, so couldn't use that.

Error 502 Ray ID: 1c4385729c0609b2
Bad gateway

I checked the version of OpenBlocks on http://openeye.openmods.info/mod/openblocks and it is the latest non-snapshot release.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Start new client only world, right-click the red book, and see how far down that rabbit hole goes. .. .. pretty short trip.

Known Fix:

Last edited:

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
This has got to be a config thing, or missing file assets. I installed Infinity 1.2.1 (I actually had 1.0.1 running, tested, then upgraded to 1.2.1 and retested) and I don't get the issue with opening the book. Both are running OpenBlocks-1.7.10-1.3 with the same file size to the byte.

I've NOT played any MC since I noticed the FPS lag in the DW103 pack, and we're coming up to about two or three months or so. (Rather upset I sunk $1,000+ into hardware to find out I only get the lag faster *facepalm*)

I'm itching to get back into it, but, with the crashes, confidence is running very low with the ENTIRE modding thing (Not just the DW pack) and I'm just astounded that I'm watching Direwolf himself play on 1.0.4 without issue, whereas I'm crashing.

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/w2a62Br4

From launching, to starting the game, to opening the book, to viewing all pages in the red book, to closing right out.

The log file has some content removed due to pastebin having a limit on text size. I removed a large chunk of info from extrautils and railcraft that had anything to do with adding recipes.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Raix3d

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i had the same problem, but after reading openblocks github "[Bug] Opening the "World dominations with OpenBlocks" " i've found that is something related to Numina and/or Modularpowersuits, i just disabled those mods and the problem was solved, now i can open the book without any problems.

I hope this is useful to some of you. :)
i'm currently playing Direwolf20 1.7.10 - v1.1.1
gl hf cya o/

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check that out sometime this week to confirm. Busy buying a car, so, the old car and removing 7 years of junk, garbage, and toys takes 2 days. :/

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
I pulled out the modular power suits, left Numina and I opened up the book without issue. I found the repo used for MPS and going back several months I didn't see note about a significant change to the software.

I like MPS, so this'll be a setback for me, but, maybe getting whoever needs to be involved to see what the resolution might be would directly put me back on the good side of modded minecraft. ;)

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
Looks to be a coding error. Removing MPS (And only MPS, not Numina) corrected the problem. How OpenBlocks and MPS deal with each other is a mystery to me.

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
There are more problems with this pack that I have found which causes client crashes, both local play and client/server play. Right clicking on ANY item in the crafting grid when viewing the recipes from NEI causes a 2 second client lock, then crash to desktop. I've just not had the chance to report it due to discouragement about how poorly this pack has been put together. DW is still playing at 1.0.4 in his LP series. Should be interesting to see what happens when he updates.....

Edits: auto correct is the bane of my existence

Reactions: direderp20

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, finally someone else like me who sees the truth about this pack.
Well yea, sadly it's true that this pack only exists cause someone just looked for some cool mods he likes to play with, put all together, adjusted the configs as he wants them ... and gave it someone else who published it ... without any testing or what so ever at all.

Many "crashes" comes from very poorly written code. Yea, I know that many come from the "original" code generated by de-compiling the official game and the workarounds to fix them (in fact : some of those "fixes" just made it even more worse), but many others come from mods wich devs are not deep into the Java-language itself and use much copy'n'paste and therefore very buggy code ... or just "goin the easy way".

I've started to de-compile the whole pack (hard to do 'coz of hard obfuscation) and try to get into it to find the major bugs, but on re-compiling there are lots of errors wich are not that easy to fix (and no : please don't tell me "just use the eclipse bundle" as contains even more crap as my de-comiler generates). Even getting vanilla back to work after fixing up some derps isn't as easy as it may sound.
It's why he calls the pack "beta"

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
Any pack in any packager (FTB or otherwise) can be considered "beta". They misuse that to alleviate any kind of "support" that might be considered part of a full release.

Josephur

Jul 29, 2019
I want to disable the MPS suits but if I simply remove the JAR it complains and Direwolf20 pack wont launch, I tried going to the Mods section off the title screen and hitting the disable button, but this doesn't seem to do anything either? Is there a config file for dire somewhere I can disable it?

Pontiac

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running on a server, it may stop saying that it has to remove items, which means, you have to type [ /fml confirm ] to get the world to load.

If you're running on a client, what to do depends on what is causing the client to stop running. If you remove a mod from an already existing world, then the game is going to say "I need to remove certain items from the game. Are you sure?" kind of thing. You can answer yes to that and NORMALLY things will work (Backup your world!)

No other mod depends on MPS directly, however, MPS depends on Numina. Try removing that as well.