1.0.3: Yeti Cave Gravestones

AlphaSpider12

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I can't break my own gravestone in the Alpha Yeti cave.

Mod & Version:
Direwolf20 1.7.10:1.0.3

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Die in a Alpha Yeti cave.

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
What block is it sitting on? Also, are you hitting the invisible pressure plate-like part that is on the ground or the headstone itself, are you in adventure mode for some inexplicable reason, and are you simply unable to mine the block because it decided to be obsidian today, or are you able to mine block underneath it through it?

AlphaSpider12

Jul 29, 2019
It is in the air, I am hitting the invisible block, survival mode, able to mine it. The grave keep replenishing because of the enchanted barrier the blocks have, and to remove this barrier, I need to kill the Alpha Yeti, but in order to do this, I need access to my grave.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
XD Mk, I'mma assume that you're not on a server. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, I've been able to break blocks in the yeti caves before without issue, but I haven't tried in a while so maybe they updated it from the only mildly annoying slow effect. Unless you've killed the previous bosses already, or have the progression thing turned off. But if this issue persists, I'd say just go creative and kill it, or find a way to cheese the fight. He can't go through blocks right? Grab a couple Killer Joes from ender io, give them swords, lure the yeti over to a wall you can hide behind, and you should have one dead yeti. XD

10pm

Jul 29, 2019
Me and a friend went into the lich-tower a few weeks ago but we havent made any boss progress and went in to it using black hole staff...soon we realised we couldnt kill it nor break our gravestones as we died xD

Twilight forrest is quite funny in modpacks

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How do you turn off the progression?
Should be a line in TwilightForest's config file... Nope. Umm... *looks at wiki* Uhh, nothing there.. *tries google* Ok! Looks like it was moved from a config option to a gamerule, so you'll need cheats to turn it off. I've heard that it's possible to temporarily enable cheats by opening your world to LAN.

Anyway, the command is:
/gamerule tfEnforcedProgression false

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
It is in the air, I am hitting the invisible block, survival mode, able to mine it. The grave keep replenishing because of the enchanted barrier the blocks have, and to remove this barrier, I need to kill the Alpha Yeti, but in order to do this, I need access to my grave.

Actually, in order to kill the Alpha Yeti, what you need to be doing is reequipping yourself first. There shouldn't be anything in your grave you need in order to kill the Alpha Yeti, and I think a mod programmer would be irresponsible to lock an item that could get trapped in a gravestone to a boss mob and stop gravestones from being broken by the player. If this is really the case, you have a bug report to file with the mod author in question, and they should fix it so it doesn't try to interfere with blocks from other mods, as this clearly seems to be your issue.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, tbf nothing in the ice area of TF should be block protected. This is likely a bug, but if you have way to affect whether it gets fixed, it still might correct things if you happen to kill the yeti.