1.0.3: WAILA not display blocks correctly

LightOfNight

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When looking at a block, WAILA will not show a tooltip of what it is, and instead show a tooltip of a block that is adjacent or close to it. This seems to usually happen when looking at ore blocks, where it will show a tooltip displaying stone, which would be adjacent to the ore block.

Also, there is a config option for WAILA to enable fluid tooltips, and it would be helpful if it was enabled.

Mod & Version:
WAILA 1.5.6a

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes.

Known Fix:
Remaining in player form and not using morph forms.

Last edited:

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
If this happens while Morphed, it is due to the change in perspective. Bat form shows the block below what you are looking at and endermen morph shown the block above. It is a known issue. Most of the Morph forms cause issues with waila unless the morph is the same height as the players normal form. This issue effects waila, it makes at harder to interact with ender io conduits, and can effect several other mods as well.

Dropping out of morph and going back to your player form will fix it for as long as you stay in player form.

Reactions: LightOfNight

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's not really a mod compatibility thing, but more just a how morph works thing.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Version:

What is the bug:
When looking at a block, WAILA will not show a tooltip of what it is, and instead show a tooltip of a block that is adjacent or close to it. This seems to usually happen when looking at ore blocks, where it will show a tooltip displaying stone, which would be adjacent to the ore block.

Also, there is a config option for WAILA to enable fluid tooltips, and it would be helpful if it was enabled.

Mod & Version:
WAILA 1.5.6a

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes.

Known Fix:
Remaining in player form and not using morph forms.

Regarding the fluid tooltips part of your bug, does the shortcut of "numpad 2" not toggle on/off fluids, when you're looking at them, for you? I found that out by accident when playing with this modpack and that is an extremely helpful tooltip, and being able to turn it on/off at will is an even bigger help.

If you're playing with some device that doesn't have a numpad shortcut option, your best bet might be to remap it, however, you now know it is available to you by default, because I found this tooltip for liquids can be turned on/off by default in this modpack.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: LightOfNight

LightOfNight

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the fluid tooltips part of your bug, does the shortcut of "numpad 2" not toggle on/off fluids, when you're looking at them, for you? I found that out by accident when playing with this modpack and that is an extremely helpful tooltip, and being able to turn it on/off at will is an even bigger help.

If you're playing with some device that doesn't have a numpad shortcut option, your best bet might be to remap it, however, you now know it is available to you by default, because I found this tooltip for liquids can be turned on/off by default in this modpack.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Yep, that's worked. Thanks. :)