1.0.3: Uncrafting table dupes signalum

Nixoy

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Uncrafting any Thermal Expansion machine seems to always use the "secured" recipe of the machine, even if it was a plain one, so you get the signalum lock and three nuggets plus your original machine back.

Mod & Version:
Twilight Forest 2.3.1 & Thermal Expansion 4.0.0B8

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Take any THermal Expansion machine (such as a redstone furnace). Put it in the left slot of the Uncrafting Table. Shift-Click on any slot of the crafting grid in the middle and the recipe will change to the one with the signalum lock in the top and three signalum nuggets around your original machine.

Known Fix:
Disable the uncrafting table is probably the safest bet, because I suspect there are similar effects with other Thermal expansion blocks.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, whole COFH-base (Thermal Expansion) is heavily bugged as NIE shows recursive recipes and only resonant types.

There is a lot more of such bugs with other mods cause somewhere was a change introduced wich broke almost anything. And most modders just made a work-around instead of doin proper re-coding.
But dont bother to make bug-reports here ... FTB-team doesnt care.

lolatbob

Jul 29, 2019
Another neat bug/issue is that you can get materials from other crafting recipes (like nether stars from ludicrite). Hopefully if/when a new version comes out, this and the numerous other dupe bugs are fixed.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Another neat bug/issue is that you can get materials from other crafting recipes (like nether stars from ludicrite). Hopefully if/when a new version comes out, this and the numerous other dupe bugs are fixed.
Well, I think such "minor issues" won't get fixed when get reported here, as the FTB-team doesn't relay these reports back to the original mod-authors and vice-versa. Once I made a report on a mod-bug-tracker and just got "Tell the FTB-Team!". Made a report here and got "Tell the mod-author!".

So it's kinda pointless. The mod-authors just make thier mods and sometimes just don't care about cross-mod-compatable ... and the FTB-Teams doesn't feel responsive as most errors show up because some mods are not compatable with each-other and forced by config-tricking to run in the same spot.

lolatbob

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think such "minor issues" won't get fixed when get reported here, as the FTB-team doesn't relay these reports back to the original mod-authors and vice-versa. Once I made a report on a mod-bug-tracker and just got "Tell the FTB-Team!". Made a report here and got "Tell the mod-author!".

So it's kinda pointless. The mod-authors just make thier mods and sometimes just don't care about cross-mod-compatable ... and the FTB-Teams doesn't feel responsive as most errors show up because some mods are not compatable with each-other and forced by config-tricking to run in the same spot.
Well, hopefully the pack gets an update to more recent versions of the mods, as that will fix enough problems to be worthwhile. I understand it's not as simple as that, but it really is needed and would fix a lot of current bugs (such as duping bugs, the CC crash bug, etc). I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later.