1.0.3: Kicked from server on return from the End- levels reset to when server started

MobiusOne

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
We attempted to return to the overworld using the portal spawned in the End after beating the ender dragon. After we returned from the End, the server kicked us after a few seconds saying "Connection lost
Client Multipart @(370, 67, 300) not found" And later after going back and forth a few times to the nether, I got the same error except at location (367, 65, 301)(After checking later, I found that at these locations are a wireless receiver from WR-CBE and some Red alloy wiring - I have attempted replacing it but it is an important part of some of my systems so I can't just remove it.). Usually it is fine for a few seconds after spawning, then it will just suddenly kick you - probably something to do with the chunk loading...

We attempt a relog, and notice only our levels have been reset to an earlier point, the rest of our inventories are the same (except for "soul fray"). The level was reset to what it was when we started the server up earlier (for me it was 38 xp levels and I remember my level being that high before enchanting stuff).

Honestly this bug isn't big (hey I'm not going to complain about getting free levels :D), but it completely ruins my immersion.

On further analysis, it appears the levels are reset to the aforementioned value upon spawning next to bed in the Overworld BEFORE being kicked... so maybe this is a separate bug?

Here are the last few lines of my client log after being kicked:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[18:02:14] [Client thread/INFO] [journeymap]: Loaded 1 waypoints from C:\Users\|\Downloads\games related\FTB Modpack\direwolf20_17\minecraft\journeymap\data\mp\Minecraft~Server_d1c49ba9~c562~40bf~9a1c~37f311d49386\waypoints
[18:02:14] [Client thread/INFO] [journeymap]: Mapping started in C:\Users\\Downloads\games related\FTB Modpack\direwolf20_17\minecraft\journeymap\data\mp\Minecraft~Server_d1c49ba9~c562~40bf~9a1c~37f311d49386\DIM0. Memory: 2021MB total, 540MB free
[18:02:27] [Netty Client IO #0/INFO] [THAUMCRAFT]: Restoring client configs.
[18:02:27] [Netty Client IO #0/INFO] [MineMenu]: CLIENT: Disconnected from server, enabling all click actions
[18:02:27] [Netty Client IO #0/INFO] [OpenMods]: openmods.network.IdSyncManager.onDisconnect(IdSyncManager.java:124): Disconnected, restoring local data
[18:02:27] [Client thread/INFO] [journeymap]: Mapping halted in C:\Users\|||\Downloads\games related\FTB Modpack\direwolf20_17\minecraft\journeymap\data\mp\Minecraft~Server_d1c49ba9~c562~40bf~9a1c~37f311d49386\DIM0
[18:02:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[18:02:27] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the server mentions something about a "text component" but there is no useful information (ie: has parent = false, everything else = null)

Mod & Version:
Project Red v 4.5.6.57 maybe?

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
It always happens when leaving the End through the normal end portal and spawning in the overworld after a few seconds (presumably it loads the chunk on my client then kicks me after the chunk is loaded) Note this does not occur when returning from the Nether.

*Also note this world was run on DW 1.0.2 before being upgraded to 1.0.3 so it could be possible some data was lost in the transfer of the world file to the new server - perhaps some setting was saved somewhere outside of the world file?

Known Fix:
None so far.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, alright. First off, as it's a server, does it have any mods that aren't shipped with the original server pack of DW?

10pm

Jul 29, 2019
I've got the same problem with the levels... not being kicked but losing levels

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So I think the level shrink at least USED to be part of going through the end portal in vanilla, but I'm not sure if they took that out.
Unfortunately, the parts of the log you posted aren't the parts needed to see what went wrong, they're just loading stuff after the crash. Could you post the relevant server log instead, about ten minutes before to ten after the time it crashed?

MobiusOne

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is it never actually crashes. Just kicks the client. It has happened to everyone who has traveled from end to overworld through end portal. I haven't messed around with mystcraft yet in this world but when i get the time to play I will test linking books. It doesn't appear to say anything in the server console either as far as i can tell. If you still want the log I will send in another message. (don't have access to server files atm)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Right, sorry, meant kicking, not crash. XD
Any and all logs are helpful in some fashion, though server logs should have more info on what happened. Ten minute window around the time should still apply, hopefully that'll show something as to what it thought it was doing at the time.

MobiusOne

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well here is the pastebin of everything since the server started (post initialization that is) until I was testing the issue. I just picked a random time I was kicked (probably like the 50th - (I was testing for ways around it, still came up empty handed)) and stopped the log figuring it was enough. This log goes all the way back to post-post init so it 'should' have anything you could possibly need. If there is anything else you want to know please don't hesitate to ask, and sorry ahead of time if it takes me a while to respond.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
TLDR for those not wanting to read through the log;

-openblocks.common.MapDataManager$MapDataResponseEvent.writeToStream(MapDataManager.java:85): Trying to propagate invalid map data 0 (to 15, then stops, appears several times)

-LOTS of world leaking;
[Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 351b329 (world) may have leaked: seen 185 times. (With different reference numbers and times seen, sometimes seen 600 or more)

-Lots of twilight forest dmg calculations

-Couple of deaths and subsequent grave placements, they don't say anything went wrong during that process

-And this error;
[17:09:21] [Netty IO #1/ERROR] [FML/]: NetworkDispatcher exception
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_51]

MobiusOne

Jul 29, 2019
No comment on deaths and grave placements XP

But seriously thank you Trisscar, you have been very helpful!

Also, yeah none of those things appear to be actually the main cause on first glance, but if I had to bet I would bet that it has something to do with either openblocks or that final error in the spoiler. Just my completely non-expert opinion.

on a separate note two things:

I don't understand world leaking, but maybe that is why I noticed some far away chunks being reset? The minimap had to overwrite itself because it somehow got messed up (I watched the map in the corner change from a desert to a forest at one point while exploring), I initially assumed it was an error with the minimap because I haven't noticed anything wrong near our base, but perhaps there was something more there that changed in the update of 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 or maybe something else?

Also in the update to 1.0.3 water spouts (1 x 1 source blocks) randomly sprung out of the ocean rising up to like 200 y, only 2 of them that I have seen but still weird. (this definitely happened during the update, it was fine before).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, flying waterfalls OP yo. XD
The map thing happens every so often in SP as well, though I haven't noticed it since the 1.6 packs. Then again I'm staying in base quite a lot so I don't have much to watch for such a thing.

It occurs to me that soul fray is only supposed to be applied when you die. So it appearing after you get dimensionally kicked is interesting, espec. since you keep your stuff. Makes me curious, is there anything that might be built over the initial spawn point of the world?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Disclaimer: I have no clue as to what's going on with this error. However, I do have some info that might possibly be relevant, maybe:

1. The waterspouts sound a lot like BuildCraft. I know the mod adds 1x1 infinite springs that spawn very rarely (much more rare than the oil geysers) that serve as a source of infinite water on packs with that disabled. I've never seen one, although I have read on the BC website that they exist.

My guess is that when those chunks were originally generated in 1.0.2, BC added its special waterspout-spawner blocks to the bedrock underneath the ocean (I know I've seen that block in NEI- it looks like bedrock, although I've never spawned it in to test it), but for some reason, in that version of BC, it didn't work. Then, the 1.0.3 update updated BC to a version where the blocks do work, and they spawned the spouts that you see.

Try using a bucket on one of the spouts. If the sourceblock comes back, it's almost certainly BuildCraft. If not... well, I don't know.

2. I remember seeing Direwolf20 getting soul fray after using the endportal on Forgecraft and respawning at his bed (and not getting kicked). It seems that the portal uses the same code to respawn the player as dying does, which is apparently what triggers Blood Magic to give you the soul fray debuff. Which raises the question: Do you get kicked when you die and respawn?