1.0.3: Fatally Missing Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsahim

Jul 29, 2019
The config files on the server and client have a conflict. I copied my world local from server and launched it no problem. So i then deleted the local config directory copied the config directory from the server to my local machine and boom i am in. No more "fatally missing blocks and items."

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

Eric Lord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also having this problem upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1. While the "work-a-round" about the config files seems to work, it's not very practical to send my server's config out to all my users telling them to replace their client configs with them. Will there be a 1.1.2 update in the very near future that addresses this issue?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm also having this problem upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1. While the "work-a-round" about the config files seems to work, it's not very practical to send my server's config out to all my users telling them to replace their client configs with them. Will there be a 1.1.2 update in the very near future that addresses this issue?
You can currently change the Server to Client configs, rather than Client to Server.

This should be fixed in 1.1.2. Unfortunately, it wasn't something we could easily test for, as it occurred when building the pack.

Shoie13

Jul 29, 2019
You can currently change the Server to Client configs, rather than Client to Server.

This should be fixed in 1.1.2. Unfortunately, it wasn't something we could easily test for, as it occurred when building the pack.
How do you change "server to client configs"? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Shoie13

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thanks. Didn't know it was that simple. I thought you meant you could make the server send configuration to the client somehow.

aaronjens

Jul 29, 2019
Just Saying thank you for addressing this issue. Happened to run across it today. Thank you for a fix. Keep up the great work FTB Team!

DutchmanDavid

Jul 29, 2019
  • DELETE AODB.CFG IN YOUR USER'S CONFIG FOLDER

Pardon the bold caps, 'tis to let fleeting eyes find the answer easier.
Anyway, we (me and my friends) updated our server to 1.1.1 and got the same error (after /fml confirm-ing, which we probably shouldn't have). After finally finding this thread (MC's "fatally missing blocks and items" errors were NOT helpful) and reading about replacing the config files, I decided to instead DELETE only the aodb file, as aodb seemed to be the culprit of this situation. This seemed to have fixed my situation, and as FTB is such an awesome modpack I decided to create an account to help others with this error.

So, Hi guys!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
  • DELETE AODB.CFG IN YOUR USER'S CONFIG FOLDER
Pardon the bold caps, 'tis to let fleeting eyes find the answer easier.
Anyway, we (me and my friends) updated our server to 1.1.1 and got the same error (after /fml confirm-ing, which we probably shouldn't have). After finally finding this thread (MC's "fatally missing blocks and items" errors were NOT helpful) and reading about replacing the config files, I decided to instead DELETE only the aodb file, as aodb seemed to be the culprit of this situation. This seemed to have fixed my situation, and as FTB is such an awesome modpack I decided to create an account to help others with this error.

So, Hi guys!
You can also just copy the aobd.cfg from the clients to the server. It is far easier than having each client individually delete the file.

We'll have this fixed after PAX East.

danielfisher29

Jul 29, 2019
every time i try to open the book "world domination with openblocks 5708" it shuts down the game

a fatal error has occured this connection is terminated

[10:11:14] [Server thread/INFO]: danielfisher29 lost connection: TextComponent{text='Disconnected', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
[10:11:14] [Server thread/INFO]: danielfisher29 left the game

N-kay

Jul 29, 2019

How soon™ can we expect 1.1.2 to hit the launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.