1.0.3: Fatally Missing Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torf90

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Updated to 1.1.1 on both server (Creeperhost) and FTB client. Upon attempting to log into server clients receive "fatally missing blocks and items" message.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, all clients on Direwolf20 1.7.10 v1.1.1 receive same message.

Known Fix:

Tallinu

Jul 29, 2019
We're getting this too, after attempting to upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.1.1 - just before we're disconnected, the client log says:

[00:12:47] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing block and item data into this client instance
[00:12:48] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:crushedPurifiedMithril
[00:12:48] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:crushedMithril
[00:12:48] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:dustTinyMithril
and after a few lines of other things, finally,
[00:12:48] [Netty Client IO #1/ERROR] [FML]: Failed to connect to server: there are 3 missing blocks and items

manjack40

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting this also. At first, I thought it was to do with me installing Veinminer along with the pack, but no. Guessing you're on about this error- http://gyazo.com/6f2b4c81e4a56b843684b59e78cb7952
Error on the console doesn't say much-
12:12:25 [User Authenticator #3/INFO]: UUID of player - is 12e9d730-713d-4d90-9741-f6b8442eec78
12:12:27 [Server thread/INFO]: - lost connection: TextComponent{text='Disconnected', siblings=, style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
12:12:27 [Server thread/INFO]: - left the game

Would appreciate a fix or solution to this :/

manjack40

Jul 29, 2019
Yep I have the same problem. Also upgraded from 1.03 to 1.1.1. I thought maybe it was my world but new worlds have the same problem. I found this thread that seems to suggest it has to do with OS language:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/fatally-missing-blocks-and-items.61338/
Apparently the FTB launcher doesn't like OS languages other then English? But what if your OS is already English, or am I just not getting this? This doesn't seem to make sense to me, but then again I could be (and probably am) wrong.

Tallinu

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I are both running and have always run English versions of Windows. We've never had issues like this before without a mod present on the server actually being missing on the client. He backed up the old version of the server and installed the new server pack, and we all updated our client instances using the FTB launcher. The version of the mod claiming the missing items seems to be identical on both the client and server. I don't have access to the server's config files, but in the morning I'll suggest that he check to see if they match his client...

manjack40

Jul 29, 2019
I think I remember seeing something in my server console about Factorisation. It said something about that dropper block that can spawn somewhere underground in the world but again, I could be wrong.

Arimus

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the FTB launcher doesn't like OS languages other then English? But what if your OS is already English, or am I just not getting this? This doesn't seem to make sense to me, but then again I could be (and probably am) wrong.
Quite right. I am using English language OS's for server and client.

kaspern

Jul 29, 2019
I updated from 1.04 -> 1.1.1 too.
I am getting the same problem when trying to connect, console on client side says:

[14:23:43] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to 109.xxxx
[14:23:44] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML]: Server protocol version 1
[14:23:44] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [AromaBackup, BetterTitleScreen, NotEnoughCodecs, notenoughkeys] at SERVER
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing block and item data into this client instance
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:crushedPurifiedMithril
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:crushedMithril
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:dustTinyMithril
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [MineMenu]: CLIENT: Disconnected from server, enabling all click actions
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/INFO] [OpenMods]: openmods.network.IdSyncManager.onDisconnect(IdSyncManager.java:124): Disconnected, restoring local data
[14:23:45] [Netty Client IO #5/ERROR] [FML]: Failed to connect to server: there are 3 missing blocks and items

I am the only one playing on the server, and have done nothing concerning mithril, i really have no idea where that problem originates from.

Edit: I should state that i am using the danish version of windows 8.1

Last edited:

OfficerLovejoy

Jul 29, 2019
I am also having the "fatally missing blocks and items" error on a completely new world.

The problem seems to originate from this:

[14:39:12] [Netty Client IO #2/ERROR] [FML/]: Failed to connect to server: there are 3 missing blocks and items
[14:39:12] [Netty Client IO #2/DEBUG] [FML/]: Missing list: [aobd:dustTinyMithril, aobd:crushedMithril, aobd:crushedPurifiedMithril]
[14:39:12] [Netty Client IO #2/TRACE] [FML/]: $HandshakeAck:{2}->FMLHandshakeClientState$8:ERROR

Edit: I should also state, that i am using the german version of windows 8.1

Ziriuso

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same issue and error as everyone else, unfortunately I do not have my logs available as I am posting from work. I will see if I can get one of my buddies to attempt to connect and send me the log.

This is an upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1

I have not tried a fresh world but I have 20 players on the server I run and we just reset when going to DW20 1.0.3 back last month and I know we are not looking to reset again.

Alsahim

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded from 1.0.3 to 1.1.1 and I am getting the same error. I deleted my client and server install, redownloaded, launched the server and generated a brand new world (not a copy of my 1.0.3), and I am still getting the "fatally missing blocks and items" with fresh installs.

BenderXIX

Jul 29, 2019
The config files on the server and client have a conflict. I copied my world local from server and launched it no problem. So i then deleted the local config directory copied the config directory from the server to my local machine and boom i am in. No more "fatally missing blocks and items."

Reactions: WineCraftHD

manjack40

Jul 29, 2019
The config files on the server and client have a conflict. I copied my world local from server and launched it no problem. So i then deleted the local config directory copied the config directory from the server to my local machine and boom i am in. No more "fatally missing blocks and items."
Ah, perfect workaround, thank you!
So this definitely works? Just want to make sure before I try as I swear I did that this morning and found it didn't work for me.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Are we certain that works?

I'm not at my computer, so I can't test it, but I'm fairly certain both server and client are built from the exact same set of configs.

BenderXIX

Jul 29, 2019
I first tried the mod folder and same issue then I noticed the config folders where different sizes, more so than normal. Looked in the folders and the local had 259 files, 49 folders and the server had 362 files, 72 folders. Not sure it's a "final" fix but it got me up and running.

Edit: Just tried from another machine. Picked the 1.1.1 version let it download and tried to connect "fatally missing blocks and items" quit out, deleted the config folder and copied the one from server, tried again and i am in.

Hope this works for others.

Last edited:

kaspern

Jul 29, 2019

This worked for me. thanks!
However altmost all my forge multiparts have turned into darkwood leaves now o_O It looks like all multiparts made from chisel blocks have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.