1.0.3: Cursed Earth Lost it's high-spawning capabilities

GMJ

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I tried using the cursed earth to make a mobtrap, to accumulate mob essence, but the cursed earth doesn't spawn mobs with it's common frequency. At first, in the ritual, cursed earth was acting just fine, after i collected it that started these problems. i am playing in a server. i tried to take some cursed earth out of the grinder's reach and also checked for some type of config, without success. i really don't know what's happening, so i hope someone can help me with that issue :)

Mod & Version:
Extra Utilities, 1.2.1

Can it be repeated:

well.. it happens always,i tried restarting the server, but it didn't work

Known Fix:

no idea

Last edited:

GMJ

Jul 29, 2019
do U check light level?
tps?
try disable chunkloaders.

light leves is 0 (i'm using dark glass to block the light)

TPS are about 44% in SHIFT+F3

disabled chunkloader, nothing happened

pretty complicated, maybe it'll be fixed in the next version of the pack

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
for tps try /cofh tps

if it wont allow you to do that, start your SP world as LAnN-World and enable cheats for the length of the LAN session.

Reactions: GMJ

Rupnerd

Jul 29, 2019
had the same issue in 1.0.2 - do you maybe have inverted light lamps (ProjectRed) or maybe some other form of light (from a mod) switched off by redstone signal? they seem off, actually also are off but the cursed earth seems to not care about that fact and just normal mob spawning occurred. Changing the lamps to redstone lamp from vanilla (haven't tested other lamps) helped for me

Reactions: GMJ

10pm

Jul 29, 2019
For me it works fine...but i dont know whether its less than before or not.
Have not used it before

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
For reference, I've got about a 7x7 circle of it under a Well, and before the update it spawned at least three mobs before any of them died to the Well's effect. Now there's rarely even two down there at a time.

GMJ

Jul 29, 2019
for tps try /cofh tps

if it wont allow you to do that, start your SP world as LAnN-World and enable cheats for the length of the LAN session.

all 100% not a TPS problem

had the same issue in 1.0.2 - do you maybe have inverted light lamps (ProjectRed) or maybe some other form of light (from a mod) switched off by redstone signal? they seem off, actually also are off but the cursed earth seems to not care about that fact and just normal mob spawning occurred. Changing the lamps to redstone lamp from vanilla (haven't tested other lamps) helped for me

yep, i have lamps from ProjectRed inside it, i'll try replacing them by normal redstone lamps.

I believe there is a global mob cap. Do mobs spawn much at night?

the mob spawn is quite common, maybe i should try putting a magnum torch around

thanks for the replies, i'll try all of that ^^

GMJ

Jul 29, 2019

well, same issue, i replaced the lamps by vanilla redstone lamps and it worked! thank you all for the replies ^^

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
By any chance are you using a room with a ceiling made of chisel blocks? I've noticed that they don't block light at all.