1.0.3: Crash before Map loads

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So i searched the first three lines, and came up with this;

"There is a per-block-ID setting for "Should this block type render translucent stuff?". (where "translucent stuff" = "stuff rendered in the second pass")
If a block specifies that it renders translucent stuff, but doesn't actually render translucent stuff, and there's no other translucent stuff in the same render chunk, this crash occurs.

This makes it impossible to have a block that sometimes renders translucent stuff (for example, depending on the block's metadata or tile entity data) without resorting to hacky workarounds (like rendering an invisible quad)."

Given some other things said in the thread this came from, do you have any Buildcraft pipes or other "transparent" blocks?

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
So i searched the first three lines, and came up with this;

"There is a per-block-ID setting for "Should this block type render translucent stuff?". (where "translucent stuff" = "stuff rendered in the second pass")
If a block specifies that it renders translucent stuff, but doesn't actually render translucent stuff, and there's no other translucent stuff in the same render chunk, this crash occurs.

This makes it impossible to have a block that sometimes renders translucent stuff (for example, depending on the block's metadata or tile entity data) without resorting to hacky workarounds (like rendering an invisible quad)."

Given some other things said in the thread this came from, do you have any Buildcraft pipes or other "transparent" blocks?

BuildCraft has an explicit fix for that since late 6.1.x

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
So, if it really hates translucent stuff that much, you may need to go in with MC edit or similar and delete them all. This'll likely include the pipes, and anything else that's partially translucent. Hopefully that'll fix it enough so you can get back in. Then you should slowly replace everything till it happens again.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
So, if it really hates translucent stuff that much, you may need to go in with MC edit or similar and delete them all. This'll likely include the pipes, and anything else that's partially translucent. Hopefully that'll fix it enough so you can get back in. Then you should slowly replace everything till it happens again.
This is not us. Please listen.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying it's you specifically Asie, I'm saying it includes ALL translucent things. Including glass, fluid conduits, tanks, reactors if they have glass, turbines with glass, and yes, your pipes. It seems that forge is having a hiccup, and pipes were involved on the other case I found. And they figured out it was because the pipes were translucent, but this was several months ago.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
The fastest way to do this would likely be killing all of that, yes. The slower, and possibly easier to deal with way, would be to replace one group of blocks at a time, then check to see if you can then log back in without issue. In the case of your reactor, I'd say replace the blocks you destroy with casing rather than glass, till you have determined that's not what has caused the issue.
I'm guessing here, but likely this has to do with things that are translucent, and have things "running through them", ie fluid conduits and rendering different colored liquids, or anything that does the same thing as buildcraft's pipes where it shows the items going through. It may also include crystal chests, Iron Tanks (cause of the thing they do where the glass blocks show as part of the tank's capacity), possibly things like vibrant glass where it has particle effects, and stuff like that.
The good news is, you only have to search this particular chunk:
Chunk: (at 9,4,13 in 0,7; contains blocks 0,0,112 to 15,255,127)
The bad news is, it seems like until you have found the offending block and replaced or removed it, you may not be able to enter this chunk again, even if you move your characters position with MCEdit or similar. Because forge for whatever reason can't render whatever the block is attempting to do.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to have helped. :)
Make sure to back up your world before you edit it, just in case something goes wrong. ;)

Virulent

Jul 29, 2019
I started the wolrd from a Backup a half hour back from my crash and now i played for almost 2 hours without a Problem and without editing something with mcedit. I replaced some of the translucent stuff. I hope it didnt crash in the future. Thanks for your help

SpikeMax64

Jul 29, 2019
hi im having trouble with my pack not loading its save here is what i get. sorry its not in the right format but its giving me a hard time.

Attachments

• Bug.txt
    165.4 KB · Views: 60

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
hi im having trouble with my pack not loading its save here is what i get. sorry its not in the right format but its giving me a hard time.

use pastebin for logs not a download

and more info and maybe your own post would help

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
@Virulent I don't know of a search function in MCEdit, but you should be able to see what block you are hovering over in top down view. Try searching for the blocks mentioned in the thing?

Virulent

Jul 29, 2019
@Trisscar. i tried it but it wasnt in my base. I think it was a bug back at my quarry. I play now on the backup world with no Problem. Thanks for your help. :)