Closed 1.0.3: Chunks not loading correctly?

Doritobob269

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Hello, This is the first time I'm posting on the forums, so please don't be mad if i posted this in the wrong place. But anyway, I am not sure if this is a FTB bug or a vanilla minecraft bug, but when i am in my world, it seems that i am getting a sort of "black chunk". I will attach a screenshot to show you, but i was wondering if there is a fix for this. I have 5 GB of ram set to play so hopefully it's not that. I'd also like to thank you all for all that you do and how much time you put into your packs. I have been a long time player of modded minecraft. Glad i don't have to manually install and deal with id conflicts with pre-made packs. Keep up the great work!!:cool:
2015_02_19_22_29_46.png

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Re logging fixes it, it's a Minecraft thing. Also looks like you have a few extra mods not intended for the pack that may be weighing down your machine cause these chunk load errors.

Doritobob269

Jul 29, 2019
Re logging fixes it, it's a Minecraft thing. Also looks like you have a few extra mods not intended for the pack that may be weighing down your machine cause these chunk load errors.
The problem is though, that i had the exact same problem before adding additional mods to the pack. So the best thing is to just relog? I tried setting up a server for this world and now i don't have these problems, but is it just a lighting error?

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Usually happens when either the server or your client is having a hard time keeping up or under a heavy load. Some people that play on my server get this as well but some don't. I rarely ever see it on my gaming rig, but when playing on my 3 year old gaming laptop I do see it more as it doesn't have the cpu power my desktop does.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
If you play on a server, just press F3+A. This forces the chunk reloads and usually fixes the rendering issue.
Sadly, it doenst work on single player(it should since its still a client + local server...) and there you have to reload the save as others stated.