Closed 1.0.2: Infinity - Exception generating new chunk

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
It worked fine for a while, had an ender-thermic pump and casting basins in there for a few days. Went to move the pump closer to the liquid and then got the crash.

Just created the same dimension again with digit 0 and its working again, can load new chunks no problem.

But the original one is still not accessible?

kroom

Jul 29, 2019
But the original one is still not accessible?
I can go in there and if I'm in the starting area its fine, but as soon as I move far enough from the start to generate new chunks it crashes.

I can upload the save if you want

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
yes, that would be great. I would finally love to be able to reproduce this. I've made so many test worlds and my own play and I never have thisl

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, thanks to the world I got from kroom I can finally reproduce this. Maybe I can figure out what is going on now.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok. Bad news and good news.

First the bad news. I don't yet understand what is happening and why this is happening.

But now the good news. It is actually pretty easy to avoid the crash and even make the dimension usable. I just have to add a test there to avoid the crash and the dimension basically just works. So in any case I will do that for the next version of RFTools (soon to be released) so at least this should avoid any further crash along this line.