1.0.2: I mannaged to break the game :D

oglly_boogly

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Well in my single player I was creating an version of the uber miner that could be controlled using buildcraft structure pipes, buildcraft logic pipes, the new funky locomotion mod with microparts to put the Extra utilites energy pipes in and finally the ender chest mod to move the items to my base. I used maby 150 frames and turned the machine on. Now my game crashes every time I launch that world. I am not sure what mod caused this issue but if i had to guess it would be the funky locomotion mod. I would take a screenshot of the machine I build but as I said, I am unable to load the world without crashing.

Computer specs:
windows 8.1
i7-4790k
16gb ddr3
msi 760 4gb card

if anyone knows a way to fix my world that would be great.

-Oglly

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/zyN4jLFX

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

oglly_boogly

Jul 29, 2019
I mannaged to get back into my wold with the help of mcedit (suggested by irc chat :D). if you look here this is what I built. I had to remove the minefactory reloaded blockbreakers to load my world. the breakers were in the front of the first image. also on the first image on the top right thats where the frame movers were located (i also deleated to get back into the world). Well I hope this info is usefull for someone.

Origami114

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same problem! I have a MFR blockbreaker placed in my world, and my world keeps crashing on login! :(
I tried making a new world to test if it was the MFR blockbreaker from the crashreport (there's also mentioned other Powercrystal and MFR Things in the crashreport) and my new world works fine for now, however I haven't tested if it would crash on startup if I were to place a MFR block. :/

oglly_boogly

Jul 29, 2019
through testing I noticed it only happens when I move a mfr block, not when I have them in my world. (By move i mean use funky locomotion).

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
Simple solution here, update Funky Locomotion. Beta-3 of this mod does not crash as far as the testing I have done. Allows you to rebuild the huge block breaker miners again.

DW20 1.7.10 pack currently has beta-2 which has a rendering bug that crashes the game. Mostly effects Openblock blocks for some reason, and it seems, MFR is another mod it has issues with. beta-3 fixes this issue.

Origami114

Jul 29, 2019
Then my bug must be something else, as I have no funky locomotion items/blocks at all in my world yet. :/
The MFR blockbreaker I have is connected to an engine, so it has power right now, however it has nothing in front of it to mine away, only some water (not sourceblock), as I used it to get obsidian, using a bucket.
The crashreport mentions something about a blockbreaker and machine activation, so I guess it's the blockbreaker misbehaving for some reason. :S

Origami114

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I tried creating another new World with cheats enabled, and it crashed before I even got into the game. I went to the new World I created yesterday and opened it to LAN and set changed gamerules keepinventory and mobgriefing, then I tried to eneable cheats with /op origami114, but then it crashed! :/
It looks like there's quite some bugs with DW20 1.7 version 1.0.2 unfortunately. :(

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
K, so to create a new world you currently have to downgrade to 1.0.1, generate it, then re-upgrade to .2.
Second thing, you should, imo, always have cheats enabled when dealing with something in beta. There's always something that'll go wrong, and cheats are often the fastest way to find the issue and recover from it.
Also, you may not have any FL blocks, but more often than not the mods will change minor things outside of the blocks they provide. Hence the current MFR bug "It's IC2's fault, honest!"

Origami114

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I copyed part of the crashreport here: (sorry, I don't know how to make spoilers :S ). It seems to me like it's MFR, can you tell me about the bug you mentioned Trisscar? Or perhaps link to it so I can read about it? :)

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!
Time: 19-12-14 17:12
Description: Ticking block entity
java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityBlockBreaker.activateMachine(TileEntityBlockBreaker.java:48)
at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.base.TileEntityFactoryPowered.func_145845_h(TileEntityFactoryPowered.java:110)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Well, I copyed part of the crashreport here: (sorry, I don't know how to make spoilers :S ). It seems to me like it's MFR, can you tell me about the bug you mentioned Trisscar? Or perhaps link to it so I can read about it? :)

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!
Time: 19-12-14 17:12
Description: Ticking block entity
java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity
at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.machine.TileEntityBlockBreaker.activateMachine(TileEntityBlockBreaker.java:48)
at powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.base.TileEntityFactoryPowered.func_145845_h(TileEntityFactoryPowered.java:110)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---

You will need to post the full log. Use pastebin for this. Also a simple search will tell you how to use spoiler tags.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
No worries, the MFR bug I mentioned isn't anything to do with this likely. It's where MFR somehow crashes the game, then reports about IC2 and Enetbridge come up instead. It's a weird one to say the least.
But yeah, the MFR block breaker is being a trouble maker this pack, if you can avoid using it till the kinks are worked out, you most likely should, or simply disable FL.
To get your world back, try using MCEdit or similar to delete the offending 'breaker block.

David Benston

Jul 29, 2019
Simple solution here, update Funky Locomotion. Beta-3 of this mod does not crash as far as the testing I have done. Allows you to rebuild the huge block breaker miners again.

DW20 1.7.10 pack currently has beta-2 which has a rendering bug that crashes the game. Mostly effects Openblock blocks for some reason, and it seems, MFR is another mod it has issues with. beta-3 fixes this issue.

It most certainly does crash. It worked mostly ok while I was building my AE2 mining platform, but half way to bedrock it crashed. Now it crashes every time a frame puller activates. Every time. I'm probably going to have to completely tear down the 8X8X9 borg I spent all weekend and most of my resources building . Pretty ticked off right now...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It most certainly does crash. It worked mostly ok while I was building my AE2 mining platform, but half way to bedrock it crashed. Now it crashes every time a frame puller activates. Every time. I'm probably going to have to completely tear down the 8X8X9 borg I spent all weekend and most of my resources building . Pretty ticked off right now...
If you're using AE on your frame machine, you can just use ME Transition Planes in place of the MFR breakers. They are somewhat expensive, and each one does use a channel, but they have no problems with being moved and don't need any extra item transport stuff to get the mined blocks into your ME network.

David Benston

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using annihilation planes, not block breakers. The problem, or at least trigger, is activating a frame puller...it immediately crashes back to desktop. It didn't do that initially. I had a couple of crashes while I was building it, but while I was finishing up, above ground, it crashed and I just left it because, well life required some attention too. The next day I started it up and the frame machine was stalled halfway to bedrock, no idea how it got there (I'm not on a server). The frame puller was stuck for no apparent reason, the puller below it should have sucked it back. When I removed a block which was in no way obstructing travel, the puller moved back and the game crashed again. I loaded it several times, to clear everything around the frame machine, but it just crashes whenever I activate the puller. The other 5 pushers won't work at all, which is unfortunate as I would like to move the whole thing up.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm using annihilation planes, not block breakers. The problem, or at least trigger, is activating a frame puller...it immediately crashes back to desktop. It didn't do that initially. I had a couple of crashes while I was building it, but while I was finishing up, above ground, it crashed and I just left it because, well life required some attention too. The next day I started it up and the frame machine was stalled halfway to bedrock, no idea how it got there (I'm not on a server). The frame puller was stuck for no apparent reason, the puller below it should have sucked it back. When I removed a block which was in no way obstructing travel, the puller moved back and the game crashed again. I loaded it several times, to clear everything around the frame machine, but it just crashes whenever I activate the puller. The other 5 pushers won't work at all, which is unfortunate as I would like to move the whole thing up.
Strange. I haven't had Funky Locomotion crash on me yet, so I don't know what could be causing that. I was mainly offering a suggestion to the people using MFR block breakers as to how they could make their frame machines work without relying on apparently crashtastic MFR machines.