1.0.2: Game crash at start up. Maybe save corrupt?

jedikaal

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Hi everyone,

I've read that with some people, the game crashes. This happend to me too from time to time. But the last crash may have broken my save. Now I know the pack still works on my PC because I can still play on my other saves. The game crashed while I was walking down a hill. So I really have no idea if a mod is causing this or just corrupted files.

Any help is much appreciated and if you have any questions. Please ask me!

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/9bTmQBCs

Can it be repeated:
Everytime I start up the save. Other saves still work.

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Disable Pneumaticcraft. That may make the save playable again. It should also get rid of the Potion Plant that seems to have done something to crash the game, likely a weird potion effect.

Reactions: jedikaal

jedikaal

Jul 29, 2019
Disable Pneumaticcraft. That may make the save playable again. It should also get rid of the Potion Plant that seems to have done something to crash the game, likely a weird potion effect.
Thanks you! It worked! But I don't really understand what you mean with potion plant

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticcraft adds a couple of plants to minecraft, one of which is called the 'potion plant'. It causes a cloud of a random potion effect to occur when fully grown. This seems to have caused your crash.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, next time it would be better to use MCEdit and delete the block causing the problem. Removing a mod removes all blocks that mod created from the game save. Also, always do a backup of your world before you attempt to use MCEdit. The lines below are from your crash report. Line 7 has the block location and use can use the goto command in MCEdit to find that block.

1. -- Entity being ticked --
  2. Details:
  3. Entity Type: PneumaticCraft.Potion Cloud (pneumaticCraft.common.entity.projectile.EntityPotionCloud)
  4. Entity ID: 597
  5. Entity Name: entity.PneumaticCraft.Potion Cloud.name
  6. Entity's Exact location: 640.59, 100.63, 459.07
  7. Entity's Block location: World: (640,100,459)

jedikaal

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticcraft adds a couple of plants to minecraft, one of which is called the 'potion plant'. It causes a cloud of a random potion effect to occur when fully grown. This seems to have caused your crash.
Oh good to know. Never got really close with pneumaticcraft. I have only played with it on Crash Landing. But want to look in to it because I love the technical mods. Just like AE, MFR, Ender IO etc...

jedikaal

Jul 29, 2019
Also, next time it would be better to use MCEdit and delete the block causing the problem. Removing a mod removes all blocks that mod created from the game save. Also, always do a backup of your world before you attempt to use MCEdit. The lines below are from your crash report. Line 7 has the block location and use can use the goto command in MCEdit to find that block.

2. Details:
  3. Entity Type: PneumaticCraft.Potion Cloud (pneumaticCraft.common.entity.projectile.EntityPotionCloud)
Thank you! Than I guesse I need to look into MCEdit. I know a little bit of MCEdit. I still have a backup of the corrupted save file so I can try that to.

jedikaal

Jul 29, 2019

2. Details:
Now I'm searching for that particular block but I can not find it in MCEdit. The block should be, if I follow the error log, 100 block high and that is above water. But with the coördinates, there's nothing above it. I hope you can help?

EDIT: It seems to have worked. I just selected the area, remove block, remove entity, fill with air and that helped Thank you everyone for the help!

Last edited:

MokinFTB

Jul 29, 2019
I have a different kind of problem

Setting up native libraries for Direwolf20 v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Direwolf20 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 4095
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.lang.NullPointerException