Closed 1.0.2: Flashing minecraft

JuraHaw

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I got 32bit notebook, I upgrade to 4 GB RAM from 2GB.
In linux I'm able use only 1,5GB RAM and version 2,1 sharder. In WIN only 1GB RAM and sharder 1,5 version

When I start skyblock flashing is on video, how it look

When I placed the block breaker (and finally managed to find right orientation, I did lose redstone clock in lava) it is on second video

log is too big and it wasn't able load it on web, so I cut it

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/2b725cba

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Lone Lycan

Jul 29, 2019
did you see all the out-of-memory messages in the log?

am i reading the log correctly? you're using an old motherboard with intel 965GM graphics?

JuraHaw

Jul 29, 2019
Yes in notebook is old graphics- it will be 9 years old, but others applications except games are OK, I run AutoCad 2014 and many others apps.
I know that I will need new one, but it will takes a some time
out of memory is terrible, but it have little bit to max so it should be ok

Lone Lycan

Jul 29, 2019
might i recommend playing a lighter pack on that laptop, like FTB Lite 1, 2, or 3.... until you get a better computer
if the game is saying you're out of memory, then *it* evidently doesn't think it'll be ok

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Things like AutoCad are doing a lot less then MC is. Plus as CAD programs are used by professionals you would think the developers would pull every memory saving technique they can to make a refined reliable product for professionals.

Minecraft is far from a professional program.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lone Lycan

Jul 29, 2019
you clearly underestimate how severely stressing a large java program like minecraft is, and even worse such a heavy 3D java program.... and then to add 200 MB of mods to it that take away even more CPU time, and all the java objects floating around in memory.... like i said... try FTB Lite 3... if that's giving issues, try FTB Lite 2, and then plain FTB Lite... heck.. i would even recommend trying the FTB Retro pack.....

the FTB LITE packs were created specifically for people with older computers with such limited capabilities

JuraHaw

Jul 29, 2019
I was so happy of running on Linux because it doesn't run on Win - it need the shader 2.0, the low FPS does not matter for me, and extension of ram it should be OK, but I can't allocate more ram than 1.5GB because of 32bit system!!!!!!
And I run that AutoCad before extension of ram!!!!!
This is for me bit disappointing of minecraft 1.7

edit: new PC is solution :(

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
As I said, CAD programs are designed to be as light weight as possible. Minecraft is the more heavy program. Unless your CAD program does material simulation of moving parts (like simulating loads, shear stress, torsion ect) it's gonna be easier to run then MineCraft. CAD programs should be doing less.
This is the case with all professional level tools (exept Windows Office, that's just bloatware disguised as something useful). They are used by professionals so they have to be cheap and last on crappy hardware. So of course you are able to run a CAD program.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Larger packs like Infinity Evolved Skyblock are designed to run on 64-Bit systems.