1.0.1: NEI Frozen Bug

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Will search an item in NEI and then NEI will freeze on that item, searching a new item will not show something else, will stay on previous search. Closing the world and re-entering it does not fix it.

Mod & Version:
Not Enough Items V1.0.3.62

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
I believe so but unsure how.

Known Fix:
Closing Minecraft and restart.

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
Found this in my console after NEI froze :

Exception in thread "NEI Item Filtering" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.next(Unknown Source)
at mcp.mobius.waila.handlers.nei.ModNameFilter$Filter.matches(ModNameFilter.java:71)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList.itemMatches(ItemList.java:76)
at codechicken.nei.ItemList$2.execute(ItemList.java:173)
at codechicken.nei.RestartableTask$1.run(RestartableTask.java:24)

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I really hate this bug it only happens after I have been playing for a while. The only way to fix it is to close and restart Minecraft.

Reactions: Chaka

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i can tell, it only happens when you double click the nei search bar so as long as you don't do that it shouldn't happen.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Just to add: I don't think it ever freezes completely, it just gets slower and slower, so if you wait like 10 seconds after typing your search, the items will eventually show up. Still extremely annoying.

Anarcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I've had issues caused by shift-clicking a subset (older versions of NEI for 1.7) and the latest version has issues when you use the inventory search (double clicking the search field). I've done the following to avoid all issues (except for it taking a long time to search, that's just it being overwhelmed by the plethora of items)
1. Update to the latest NEI and CodeChickenCore.
2. Don't shift-click subsets.
3. Don't double click the search field.
4. Set "searchmode" in NEI's config to "0".

Anarcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Reloading MC isn't a fix, just a temporary workaround. If you follow my steps you should never have to reload MC (hypothetically).

plagie006

Jul 29, 2019
"Don't shift click this" "Don't double click that" isn't a fix either. You both offered perfectly valid workarounds.