1.0.1: Low hostile mob spawns

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
So I've seen this in a couple of worlds now. The first couple of nights the spawn rate seems normal, fight off a dozen mobs mobs or so until I can get wool to get a bed. Then the spawn rate seems to drop to the point that I might not even encounter a hostile mob through a whole night.

I've started to notice that underground spawns might be a little low as well. I play in hard difficulty for extra challenge and I also need the mob drops like enderpearls.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
I'm not exactly sure what's causing it and I've never seen anyone else with this problem.

Known Fix:

lordtorus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to kill off all the squids then? Only command I know to kill off mobs are hostile mobs
If you settle yourself like Direwolf, this indeed can be problem with massive squids. I recommend you creating Mystcraft world with flat terrain or full glacier - I got this world by accident and its really easy to spot enemies and you get huge speed boost while sliding on ice. Sorry for my grammar :)

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Um.. it's most likely mobs spawning in caves, peaceful and aggressive mobs are on separate tables. I had this issue on my server I play with my wife till she went cave diving. unless forced otherwise, you can have 200 aggressive mobs spawned, while only 50 peaceful. before no more will spawn. Unless you spawn them with a spawner. (note, spawner spawned mobs count, you might have a dungeon with a spawner near by.

Plenty of things can case this,

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably squids. WE'RE GONNA TAKE OVER YOUR WORLD!!! I found 117 squids in a world once... It was so fun!!!

Last edited:

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I was caving for over 20 minutes and came across one zombie the entire time. It was daytime, too. So IMO something funky is going on.

th3wyatt

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue after upgrading to 1.0.2. For some reason, mobs were not despawning causing it to reach the 200 mob limit and no mobs at all would spawn with one player online. cofh killall, killed all hostile mobs. there were 150 zombies somewhere gumming up the system. Worked like a champ after that.