1.0.1: Big Reactor Fuel Dissappears even when the reactor isn't running

Sketchy Pyjamas

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I have a simple 5x5x5 big reactor with a 3 blocks of fuel rod and a single control rod.
Occasionally, I noticed that I was losing about 12 yellorium ingots from the input block (it takes about 12 ingots to fill the fuel when it's completely empty).
This happened even when the reactor wasn't running.
I decided to take the fuel out of the input block so that I wouldn't lose it.
Then I noticed that the fuel in the reactor will occasionally empty out.
There aren't any waste ingots when this happens, so it doesn't even look like the fuel is getting burned. It just goes away.
I'm guessing, but I can't confirm yet, that this happens when I'm far away from my base and the chunks where the base are located get unloaded. I think when they're reloaded, the fuel is gone.
I'm pretty sure that my base is located outside the chunks that remain loaded around the spawn area.
I haven't tried using a chunk loader yet to see if it alleviates the problem.

There is no crash, so I don't see anything interesting in the log, and sorry, but I was unable to attach a log because http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ appears to be down.

Sketchy

Mod & Version:
Big Reactors 0.4.0rc10

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, I've seen it happen several times, but I'm unsure of the circumstances. It may happen during play when the chunk where the reactor is unloaded and reloaded.

Known Fix:
None known.

Allynb

Jul 29, 2019
sounds strange but heard stranger. You can check what chunk it is in with F9.
Is the yellorium being used in the reactor? and not seeing the waste and power building still.

Sketchy Pyjamas

Jul 29, 2019
The yellorium isn't burning (producing energy), near as I can tell. The reactor is deactivated when it happens. And yes, no cyanite ingots are produced. The contents of the fuel rods are simply gone.
I'm testing with a chunk loader now. I'll report back what I find.

Terry

Allynb

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to replicate this issue with a current survival map, put a reactor about 50 chunks away. been checking it now and then have not had any disappearance yet ill post if i do. There is so many ways to set up a reactor even with just 1 control rod 5 by 5. check out spotlight with direwolf20 big reactors part 1. i'm just trying to help you out if you have something out of ordinary.

Sketchy Pyjamas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a chunk loader and I haven't seen the problem recur so far. Fortunately, the mini endermen make it a little easier to get ender pearls early in the game, so setting up a chunk loader early on wasn't too hard.