1.0.1 -> 1.1.1 Ultimate, Nuclear Reactor Change?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hang on, does that mean the LV Thorium Portapack Reactor I love is screwed up royally? It was one of the first designs on the GT Reactor thread and I've always thought highly over it.

Just testing on a test world, ruined my Computer Cube I was going to check this with after I set up the reactor. Not the brightest thing to do, but it's a creative world, so whatever.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading the chance for uranium was 50% per cell, though I can't for the life of me think where I read it. I have no idea what it is for plutonium.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Hang on, does that mean the LV Thorium Portapack Reactor I love is screwed up royally? It was one of the first designs on the GT Reactor thread and I've always thought highly over it.

Just testing on a test world, ruined my Computer Cube I was going to check this with after I set up the reactor. Not the brightest thing to do, but it's a creative world, so whatever.

It won't really screw up anything. The EU/t remains the same, and the heat output has actually gone down. Now there is a bit of a bug where thorium reactors will stutter (output burst followed by pause followed by burst) but over time the power output is still as expected. The only thing that changed really is that thorium cells only have half the lifetime, meaning you need to replace them twice as often. And with identical EU/t for half as long, total EU yield was obviously halved as well.

Now, Greg claims that he fixed the stuttering bug in his latest release, and "changed some things about reactor fuels". Guess I'll be opening a new tab on the spreadsheet soon, though I probably won't have time today.