1.0.1: 1.0.1 Clientside chunk ticking console spam and lots of lag

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
The console is spammed with the message in the title as well as a server overload message. not only that but my client lags like crazy. i thought it was becuase of the BOP forest biomes being generated but after disabling most of those i still get tons of lag. Maybe journeymap is really lagging things down too.

Mod & Version:
Biomes o Plenty? JourneyMap?

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Unsure how to repeat this

Known Fix:
Unknown

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, first guess : your computer is just to bad to run this pack. Whats your system-specs and how much RAM do you assigned ?
Also : post log !

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
System Specs:
Processor - AMD FX 4100 Quad Core Processor @ 3.60 GHz
Graphics - nVidia GTX 440
Ram - 8 gigs with 3 gigs assigned to FTB
Java - 7 update 67 64bit and 32bit

Minecraft Graphics set to fast. had no problem running the 1.6.4 pack. would it help to disable mods i dont plan on using?

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, not as worse as I aspected, ...
Try assign 4GB to FTB as your system should have enough free mem-space.
Also : are you using a texturepack ? If yes : what resolution ?
You said you have both x86 and x64 installed. Make sure you are using 64bit. Maybe upgrading to Java8.

The main problem seems to be your graphics card. GTX440 doesn't exists (please look up correct model number). Most 400-series cards only have 1G of v-ram wich could be not enough. Also : 400-series cards have pretty bad chips and slow connection.

Overall I would say : playable : yes / fun : not really ...
You can try to tweak some settings here and there to get maybe 5 or 10 fps more, maybe try using optifine as this adds a good boost ... but maybe this new 1.7.10 pack is just too much.

Sure you can try removing mods you don't use, but expect some errors as the configs are build upon each-other and the whole pack depends on all of the mods.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
no texture pack used. my graphics card is a GeForce GT 440, i goofed earlier. going into the settings i noticed that the java path was set to default so i changed that to one of x64 java options. after loading up the game the console is free of the yellow spam.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, so it seems this boosted it up at least so runs at a stable tps (ticks per second). As said : maybe adding optifine can get rid of the most laggs as it tweaks the loading and overall rendering so you get usualy a boost from 25%-200% (or more on really beefy systems).

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Well, so it seems this boosted it up at least so runs at a stable tps (ticks per second). As said : maybe adding optifine can get rid of the most laggs as it tweaks the loading and overall rendering so you get usualy a boost from 25%-200% (or more on really beefy systems).
I wouldn't, last I checked optifine and cofh core(thermal expansions required lib) has Hella issues. Constant crashes due to optifine messing with cofhs renderer