1.0.0: Torches being wierd

Reticality

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When vanilla torches are broken, they won't stack with torches that were crafted recently. It seems like they're given some weird nbt tag when they are broken.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. Happens with every torch.

Known Fix:

dem0z

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue with potatoes if you plant and break it they won't stack together anymore.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue with lapus I just got from the Twilight Forest. Won't stack with the Lapus I already have. Will get more later to see if it's all Lapus from there or just the stack I have.

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
This doesn't seem to be tied to any particular item. I have had it happen to loads of things like ores, dirt, cobble, feathers, various food items, pretty much anything can have it happen to it as far as i can tell. It happened alot when i first started my world (first hour or 2 after it being made) but not so much now that my world is a bit older. (bout 5 or 6 hours playtime on it now)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Beyond Reality in the ATLauncher just had a similar issue, however that problem was traced to a custom mod that was intended to prevent certain ores from spawning in other dimensions (the Galacticraft dimensions). The mod added NBT tags to every item, and those tags really caused problems with item stacking.

Probably not the same error here in Direwolf, but I might as well mention it just in case it helps someone track this down.

I've also had this problem in Direwolf with dirt blocks. Dirt blocks? Won't stack? Seriously??!!

It happened alot when i first started my world (first hour or 2 after it being made) but not so much now that my world is a bit older. (bout 5 or 6 hours playtime on it now)

I concur with that last sentence. My issue with dirt blocks not stacking happened immediately after I began my world, and hasn't happened again in the bunch of hours since then.

Last edited:

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
ftb.JPG
Just happpend to me with cobblestone so I opened level.dat with NBTExplorer and found this. This "tag" is causing it.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that this happens when blocks or items are broken by means other than their intended way. (creepers, breaking a block a touch was sitting on, punching leaves and getting apples rather than letting them Decay naturally)

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that this happens when blocks or items are broken by means other than their intended way. (creepers, breaking a block a touch was sitting on, punching leaves and getting apples rather than letting them Decay naturally)

I don't think that's it. It is definitely something that happens when first starting a world, since my post above i haven't had it happen at all.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
I have had this problem as well I think I know the problem though it has to do with items that are in side your graves when you die when you go to collect non of those items will stack with any new item. The problem is that mod and there graves.

I also had some other crafting problem with sticks could not oak sticks what so ever to craft a item I closed the game and reloaded that fixed the sticks and made them craft again that what another issue though and is not grave mod problem.