Closed 1.0.0: Sea spawning creatures clogging the world, mobs don't spawn.

Lawnchair

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I noticed I was hardly getting any hostile mobs around my base (Even after removing the blanket of torches I laid down), and I discovered that, because my base is near the ocean, there were hundreds and hundreds of squid (the screenshot only shows a few unfortunately). I downloaded CoFC Core for the /cofh killall command, and each execution removed 200-300 squid regardless of how long I waited after each one. I ended up downloading Squidless which fixed the squid population, but now there are many Pinchers, and I still have no mobs.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. Have a base near an ocean biome, see tons of squid and Pinchers accumulate, witness no land mobs.

Known Fix:
Partially fixed by downloading CofH Core (Or other mods with /killall commands), and Squidless, and then using /cofh killall Squid and /cofh killall Pincher periodically.

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
In general water mobs/creatures like to spawn in ridiculous amounts. Squid spawning being super high in the ocean is very normal. Not many mobs at all spawn in oceans to begin with, so squids/pinchers are bound to fill up that requirement.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unfortunately as I understand it this would be fairly difficult to fix. If it's affecting you try moving away from the ocean.