Closed 1.0.0: Lootable bodies

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When I die my body sometimes disappear from the earth, and the stuff is lost ...

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Reactions: Slind

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Hrm, that's not good. Does it happen in specific places? When you die certain ways? Or is it completely random?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Good to hear more than one person is having the problem, should make it easier to track down.

I spent a while running around and dying, but couldn't replicate.

Could you both, and anyone else who has the problem, post what killed you, what dimension you were in, and any notable items you remember having on you at the time?

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
I had just hit my iron tier, so all iron items. I had lots of wood, coins, and cobble. I think it was either tree spirit or the horse with the wings looking thing (i cant remember the name)

The Original Steve

Jul 29, 2019
Had this issue too. It was on a server (hasn't happened yet in single player), the server probably didn't have lag because it was new, I could see my body, but couldn't open it or hit it, couldn't see the hitbox either. This happened on 2 occasions.

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i have the same problem, but i thing it happens when a mod dmg the corpse. I removed the mod atm, its quit frustrating if you lose all your stuff to this bug ;(

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Ahha. I had it set so you could kill the corpse just by attacking it. Didn't think anything else would bother doing that and kill it. I'll turn it off with the next update.

Thanks for the reports guys.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes they get stuck in blocks. Or pass through to a nearby cave
They also allow you to "keep" your knapsack when you die. so its like keep inventory for any items in your TiCon Knapsack.(not sure if bug or intended)

With that being said, i know the previous reason you didnt use Gravestones was AoA was going to add keep items.... but what is the current reason

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
With that being said, i know the previous reason you didnt use Gravestones was AoA was going to add keep items.... but what is the current reason
It was mentioned in another thread that the way AoA lets you keep some of your items has caused every method of gravestones they've tried to fail badly, the most common issue being it destroys your inventory instead of saving it.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
It was mentioned in another thread that the way AoA lets you keep some of your items has caused every method of gravestones they've tried to fail badly, the most common issue being it destroys your inventory instead of saving it.
What are the methods? I heard it was suppose to based on one of your skill levels, but im not getting keep inventory, other than my knapsack... which i was keeping on death from the start

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What are the methods? I heard it was suppose to based on one of your skill levels, but im not getting keep inventory, other than my knapsack... which i was keeping on death from the start
It's apparently high augury levels that do it, I haven't really leveled them so can't confirm from experience but it was keeping just your armour and weapon I believe.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
It's apparently high augury levels that do it, I haven't really leveled them so can't confirm from experience but it was keeping just your armour and weapon I believe.
im up to lv70 and still dont have this. i will test it in creative.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
im up to lv70 and still dont have this. i will test it in creative.
Here is the relevant quote from the discussion thread.
With the lootable corpses thing, it was either have corpses or have all your items spill all over the ground. AoA has this new death thing where if you're above a certain augury level, you keep armor and weapons. This system completely broke openblocks graves as well as the gravestones graves. Nothing was going into them. Everything would just spill everywhere as if there were no graves. So it was lootable corpses or nothing. I will try out BaM's graves though. Never heard of that so didn't test it. Also, there was a config derp by watchful with the corpses. They should be entirely invincible, but he forgot to set it that way. Should be better in the next version.

Cloud Styles

Jul 29, 2019
Also experiencing this bug on a server, I'd never entered other dimensions, so only in the overworld. Seems the only things that don't delete are tinkers construct crafted weapons. It's happened to me a fair few times now and has required my player data to be rolled back each time

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also experiencing this bug on a server, I'd never entered other dimensions, so only in the overworld. Seems the only things that don't delete are tinkers construct crafted weapons. It's happened to me a fair few times now and has required my player data to be rolled back each time
Are you being hit by an explosion right after death? Because if so it would explain your items being destroyed as the corpses grab all your dropped items a second after death but if there was an explosion that could probably destroy them. Tinkers' Construct items are immune to explosions/lava/whatever so it would fit.

Cloud Styles

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I've had one death from an explosion by a trickster (which are the most frustrating little devils) but I retained my items from that. The rest were by grunts, chargers and the occasional spinux