1.0.0: Leadstone Energy Conduits (Conduits from Thermal Expansion overall) missing?

masterqgj

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I do neither see energy conduits from Thermal Expansion in NEI, nor am i able to craft those using the known recipes. Anyone else having that issue? Did they Change the recipe and i didnt notice that? I'm even unable to craft "energy conduit (empty)" as mentioned on the Thermal Expansion Wiki.

Mod & Version:
ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.0B5-13

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
In my game always

Known Fix:

masterqgj

Jul 29, 2019
[Edit]
Nvm. found out that i can use the original buildcraft energy pipes in the meantime.

totalhamman

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion Conduits and Ducts are going to be in a yet unreleased standalone mod. The COFH team wants TE 1.7.10 to be far more modular than TE was in 1.6.4.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits will be in the mod Thermal Dynamics, which is not released yet (as far as i am informed)

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I would suggest using the conduits and pipes from Ender io they are much better than the bc ones.

In what way are they better? This is a valid question - I want input and feedback ;-)

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
In what way are they better? This is a valid question - I want input and feedback ;-)
Just the fact that item, power and fluid conduits can be in the same tile. It's just personal preference for me. (and giving a valid second option.

Also, I realized you quoted someone else. Ignore me

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in my opinion there are a few things that makes Ender-IO conduits better than any other :

- all conduit-types can be in the same block
- they can set to : in/out, in, out, disabled
- they can set to 4 redstone states ignore, active high, active low, disabled
- multiple color-coded redstone-lines "on the same wire" (like ProjectRed bundled cable)
- smart and fast multi-node network
- white-/blacklist filter (only with upgrade !)
- very cheap

Sure you can do these things with other mods but mostly you need more resources or its way more complex / harder to build complex systems.
For instance : if you want to transfer energy, fluids and items with BuildCraft or TE-ducts you need separate blocks for energy, items, and fludis. Ender-IO fits them into one block and due to color-coding you can transmit different redstone-signals and item-sources/-destinations "over one cable". Also : vor extractng items with BC or TE you need extra items like Pipe-Gates or Duct-Servos wich require even more resources.

Its just my opinion, but I think it makes clear with mod is "more op ..." ; as item-automation is op all by itself, needless to talk about some like AE.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
- they can set to : in/out, in, out, disabled
- they can set to 4 redstone states ignore, active high, active low, disabled
- multiple color-coded redstone-lines "on the same wire" (like ProjectRed bundled cable)
- white-/blacklist filter (only with upgrade !)
- very cheap

BuildCraft has literally all of that, just not at the same time (redstone lines are pipe wires, the in/out thing is valves or iron pipes, the states are gates, the white/blacklist filters are Lists, emerald extraction pipes, gates, etc.)

But yes, I agree, there are some things better about Ender IO... if someone likes many conduits on one block.