1.0.0: Error when trying to Start server

WajewWa

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I'm getting the following errors (see screenshot) when trying to start the server version on my Mac Mini at home. I've used both the Mac Mini and my starting script for several other instances of FTB MC. Per Watchful1's suggestion, I'm pasting a screenshot of the folder the server unzipped to, the script I use, the error when I run the default .sh file (top left), and the error when I run my script (bottom left). That is the only log file that gets produced. As you can see, I don't even have a crash-report folder to get a more full crash report. Any direction for getting that would be much appreciated. I can confirm that I am running Java 1.7.0.67 jdk and OSX version 1.7.5. Any help is appreciated as my wife and I are looking forward to playing a 1.7.10 pack. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/TCFD8cT

Edit: can confirm that a single player launch has no issues.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Last edited:

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is NOT a bug. Read the error-message : "Read eula.txt" ! So in order to start the server you have to open and read this file. The solution is in there.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
you need to run the FTBInstall.bat/sh
This should be done automaticly as there is a check inside the startup-script. I think the problem is the lack of rights.

Try to run these commands in order :

chmod +x *.sh
FTBInstall.sh
ServerStart.sh

If FTBInstall.sh errors remove the folder, redownload it from CurseCDN and try it again.

WajewWa

Jul 29, 2019
That worked! Thanks! Interestingly, doing it that method did not build the server properties, whitelist, OP, etc files. I wonder why.

And my spawn point is on a one block ledge half way up a mountain. Sweet.[DOUBLEPOST=1414846705][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind, built on the second run. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

Ice_brand

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the same message in the console as WajewWa.
I am running on a hosted server.

Any thoughts ?

Madhatter82

Jul 29, 2019
I run Windows but had the same problem. I had to run the FTBinstall.bat file from a command line on my desktop prior to uploading to a hosted server. This creates another .jar file. You use this .jar file to run your server.

Reactions: Ice_brand

Madhatter82

Jul 29, 2019
I pointed it at minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar....

This loads vanilla MC, none of the mod recipes work...so back to the drawing board..

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
really .. this topic is so old ... and you still dont get it ? let me quote you log

[15:59:26] [Server thread/INFO]: You need to agree to the EULA in order to run the server. Go to eula.txt for more info.

any ideas what you might should do ? hint : i noticed the solution right here in this very thread ...

btw :
-Xms1g -Xmx1G
so even if you solve your first problem ... you will encounter another one : not enough heap ... DW20-server needs at least 2g to even fully start up ... and FTB-team itself recommends 4g ... you better change that ...

gpg5

Jul 29, 2019
really .. this topic is so old ... and you still dont get it ? let me quote you log

any ideas what you might should do ? hint : i noticed the solution right here in this very thread ...

I did change the EULA. It isn't reading it right.

btw : so even if you solve your first problem ... you will encounter another one : not enough heap ... DW20-server needs at least 2g to even fully start up ... and FTB-team itself recommends 4g ... you better change that ...

I'm gonna change it once I know I can launch the server. And I'm using the Material Energy 4 Pack.