0-5 fps help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinghunter

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/K8GLqwmR
i dont know why but what ever i do i only can get 0-5 fps
i have a Toshiba Satellite C855D AMD E- 300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.3 GHz 4 GB ram with 3.59 usable 64 bit operating sys. and all drivers are up to date
any ideas of how to fix this would be appreciated, i have tried optifine and other things and im most confident im running the 64 bit java and im running ftb in compatibility mode to windows xp instead of windows 8 i have tried a ramdisk also ive tried dedicating more ram to ftb and ive put in extra java parameters and still nothing please help

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it will help but your Optifine version is old. You want 1.4.6_HD_U_D5 Which is the latest version. Click on the older versions spoiler under the Ultra version.

Edit: You also might want to try reinstalling FTB the recommended way. Follow this guide exactly.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
This is a laptop, right?
It sounds exactly like the game is not rendered with your dedicated Radeon adapter, but with the integrated Intel graphics.
Since adding the FTB launcher to the list of programmes to be opened with the dedicated adapter (look inside its control panel module) will most likely not help, you may have to add your "javaw.exe" to that list; you will normally find this executable in \program files\java\jre\bin

blinghunter

Jul 29, 2019
i tried what you said philo and either it didnt work or i might have done it wrong and yes it is a laptop

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Unknown Paste ID!

Please post another pastebin link.

What java are you running?

The fact you get low FPS playing Non modded MC tells me you may need a better laptop/computer to be able to handle Modded.

What you tried using another pack that doesn't have so many mods?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Unknown Paste ID!

Please post another pastebin link.

What java are you running?

The fact you get low FPS playing Non modded MC tells me you may need a better laptop/computer to be able to handle Modded.

What you tried using another pack that doesn't have so many mods?

I am thinking the same because if you are only getting 25fps, which is the bare minimum for a smooth frame rate, on vanilla then running with mods may be impossible.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I didn't realize there was additional info in the second post; my old eyes usually skip all fine-print.
I re-checked the stats of your computer and I am with Lawbroken, UniZero and Jinbobo: this laptop is somewhat underpowered for running FTB. What I seriously fail to understand is how Toshiba could put a 64bit OS on such a box; the OS alone most likely swallows a major part of the system's resources.
If you are the adventurous type, try putting a 32bit Linux OS on it, one of the many that specialize in lower-end systems, and that offer the Xfce or LXDE desktops which use system resources very economically. But don't expect miracles: the bottleneck in your laptop is the CPU.

Other than that, you could try running FTB with 32bit Java instead, and set all gfx options to "fast" as well as render distance to "tiny". There may be an improvement, but 10-15 fps are still kind of unplayable.

One of my machines is a Core2 Duo E8600 - almost twice as good as the CPU you selected. With 4 GB RAM and 32bit OS + Java, it runs FTB at 'borderline' performance, i.e. 25-30 fps average. But this requires me to tweak every little inch out of OS, Java, MC and FTB. Whenever a mod or a pack updates, things tend to get worse.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
ok jinbobo what is the lowest CPU you would recommend to try and get

If you have a laptop you are not going to be able to upgrade the cpu. If you want to play games then you really should be getting a desktop.[DOUBLEPOST=1371387045][/DOUBLEPOST]
ok jinbobo what is the lowest CPU you would recommend to try and get

According to mojang support here these are the minimum requirements for Minecraft with no mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.