K
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I saw you in the newest JaffaQuest video
    I did not expect that xD
    K
    KirinDave
    I've been helping them out ever since we took over their modpack.
    T
    ThatOneSlowking
    Yeah, I discovered that in the comments. Havent really been watching it too much besides randomly watching bursts of 1-3 episodes
    I appreciate your contributions immensely. You are one of the cornerstone contributes on these forums and a key person in the modded MC community in general.

I have a huge amount of respect for both you and JadedCat. Just trying to make a happy place - no intent to offend. Please accept my apologies.
    Hi KD, can you direct me to a RR or ATL support page, as I am having memory difficulties running RR/ATL. I know its a big pack, but I have had no issues with FTB. Any direction appreciated - thanks
    K
    KirinDave
    Well, resonant-rise.com is our forums.

Did you make sure to up memory and permgen from their defaults in the ATLauncher?
    U
    un worry
    Thanks - I did.
    Was hoping to get an optimized java param list, but will continue to play around and see what I come up with.
    Thank you for the link and gratz on putting together such a well thought out and balanced pack. Heard nothing but good things about it. cheers
    Dave, what the hell is your profile picture supposed to be? It's been, what, 4 months, and I still don't know.
    K
    KirinDave
    My friend did a picture of a Final Fantasy summoner but subbed in my face and beard.
    Hey, is the RR Test servers full? I kinda want to join
    P
    Pokefenn
    I remember reading or hearing somewhere that its only open for new people if you can bring something special to the server.......
    F
    Furfurfur2001
    I'll bring... Buffalo Wild Wings!
    JK, I'll just dp what Saice and Poppy are doing, Thread on Community showcase
    Hi, quick question:

I saw your essay "Functional Programming" and i was puzzle in the end.

i consider myself a basic programmer. yes I did go to a "mediocre" school that only had 1 goal. Trade papers with words saying "programmer analyst / web develloper" for 15 000$.
    so I was wandering if I could ask for your opinion on what language/concept should I learn to be able to call myself a competent programmer.

Thx
    K
    KirinDave
    So. I'm not the kind of person who says, "This is programming" and "this is not programming." Ultimately it's a trade skill and what matters is what you do with it. If at the end of the day you're happy and proud of what you work on, that's the real value.

I do OO and Functional programming both, every day. They're both tools I keep in my toolkit.
    K
    KirinDave
    Your 2nd question, "What to learn?" The important thing is to grow in your trade. So "keep learning." My advice is to keep learning what interests you. Sounds like you're already building an impressive portfolio.

I might work on diversifying into mobile stuff. You look like you've done user-facing web-stuff. User-facing stuff in other platforms seems like a natural extension.
    S
    Steelcrusher
    Thanks for the pointers =)
    Hey, you probably don't know me, but I just want to drop by and say that I really like all of your informative posts and your LP :).
    Hey man, would you be cool if I did a Resonant Rise LP?
    S
    SatanicSanta
    I'm working on setting up the pack. Hopefully I got all of the versions right, I'm gonna test it tonight and hopefully start at some point this week.
    K
    KirinDave
    Can't wait to see. Hope it's going well.
    S
    SatanicSanta
    So I can't seem to set up the pack correctly. Though I haven't really been working on it. I'll try to get it set up asap.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…