I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

uglyoldbat

Jul 29, 2019
Making an awesome wand in Thaumcraft, went outside to test it and it was divine! Had to go mine to get more gold, and while digging i accidentally clicked the wand. It hit the cobblestone wall 2 blocks away, blew up and almost killed me. LOL Yes i am blonde.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Making an awesome wand in Thaumcraft, went outside to test it and it was divine! Had to go mine to get more gold, and while digging i accidentally clicked the wand. It hit the cobblestone wall 2 blocks away, blew up and almost killed me. LOL Yes i am blonde.
Interesting. I have brown hair.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
This kinda goes in here. Was just flying around and a group of black horses spawned all on one block in such a way that they looked like a giant spider monster, to which my brain went "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH KILL IT WITH FIRE WTF IS THAT!!!" Then the horses moved and here we are with me feeling sheepish.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
What focus did your wand have? primal?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For the N'th time setting up a IC2 power network and it doesn't work. I recheck everything and all is as it should. All is as I have always done(like hundreds of times already). I check wikis, I re-evaluate everything I know about it. Is there some mechanic in play that I somehow missed through years of using the mod???
After a lot of frustration it dawns on me that I, again!, have a redstone signal triggering a transformer...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
For the N'th time setting up a IC2 power network and it doesn't work. I recheck everything and all is as it should. All is as I have always done(like hundreds of times already). I check wikis, I re-evaluate everything I know about it. Is there some mechanic in play that I somehow missed through years of using the mod???
After a lot of frustration it dawns on me that I, again!, have a redstone signal triggering a transformer...
That's why I always set the transformer (and other machines) to ignore signals when I don't redstone-control them :D

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to find a better method of mass placing blocks, outside of the builders wand.

Also, I forgot to engage my turbine's coils, which reached 5000 Rpm :p

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to find a better method of mass placing blocks, outside of the builders wand.

Super builders wand, turtles, drones, frames moving along place blocks. Depending on your mod list there are multiple ways of doing it. Either by hand or automating it some way.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I setup a MFR harvester, no upgrades, for my tree farm. I live in a forest and now somehow the harvester decided to harvest every tree within a 64 block radius. The trees from my farm never touched the forest trees, nor was there overhang.
This is why I use Golems:
Look how much wood is laying on the ground.

Attachments

• 2015-02-04_20.06.37.png
    2015-02-04_20.06.37.png
    277.7 KB · Views: 92

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to try planting a MFR Sacred rubber tree. No lag, but I had a treecapitator, and used my ichorium axe. Ten minutes of no attacking, mining or interacting XD
only 10? I would either crash or freeze for 30. now do it on a server!

*pictures turbine blades imbedded 5 blocks deep in the walls*

RoC does not have much room for mistakes on some machines. get something wrong or misclick, at best you have a stripped gearbox/shaft/machine. at worst, explosions, lava, fire, radiation, pain, suffering, loss of inventory, loss of bed, death, and worst of all broken stairs forcing you to jump up blocks.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I always set the transformer (and other machines) to ignore signals when I don't redstone-control them :D

Unfortunately not an option with vanilla hoppers, which I had a long "why doesn't this work?" moment with after moving my pressure chamber.

(Hopper was above the Bibliocraft bookcase I used to set the pressure)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Unfortunately not an option with vanilla hoppers, which I had a long "why doesn't this work?" moment with after moving my pressure chamber.

(Hopper was above the Bibliocraft bookcase I used to set the pressure)
replace to pnuematicraft hopper which you can set to ignore redstone (or invert the behavior)

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
only 10? I would either crash or freeze for 30. now do it on a server!

*pictures turbine blades imbedded 5 blocks deep in the walls*

RoC does not have much room for mistakes on some machines. get something wrong or misclick, at best you have a stripped gearbox/shaft/machine. at worst, explosions, lava, fire, radiation, pain, suffering, loss of inventory, loss of bed, death, and worst of all broken stairs forcing you to jump up blocks.
I can already see a machima:
Clear lag saves the day.

My modpack isn't compatible with RoC